• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Petrino, Tuberville, O'Leary

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

He had a slight embellishment on his resume from earlier years. Not like he thought the notre dame hiring decision hinged on it. Give me a break. Not saying it is the most upstanding then but also not the worst thing. Workout situation is a sad one. If you want to cut the usf/ucf bullcrap you would know that it was a very sad time for Ll parties. Some usf fans are akin to me saying that leavitt meant to severely harm kids on his football team rather than he was really passionate and got in a bad situation. Oleary takes care if his players. He does work them hard, but no different than the pros.

I think the resume is the lesser of the issues...the death of a player at his hands is hard for the most ardent UCF supporter to whitewash.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

He had a slight embellishment on his resume from earlier years. Not like he thought the notre dame hiring decision hinged on it. Give me a break. Not saying it is the most upstanding then but also not the worst thing. Workout situation is a sad one. If you want to cut the usf/ucf bullcrap you would know that it was a very sad time for Ll parties. Some usf fans are akin to me saying that leavitt meant to severely harm kids on his football team rather than he was really passionate and got in a bad situation. Oleary takes care if his players. He does work them hard, but no different than the pros.

I think the resume is the lesser of the issues...the death of a player at his hands is hard for the most ardent UCF supporter to whitewash.

Yet they ALL do it with no problem. Including our own slick, who says that since a half dozen kids die playing football across the country each year, its no biggie.

Yet they ALL do it with no problem. Including our own slick, who says that since a half dozen kids die playing football across the country each year, its no biggie.

Adding to the that, the "clever" UCF team who found the law to avoid paying more damages to the kid.  OF COURSE...attorneys get paid to protect the school, and you could argue that you shouldn't pay more than legally required.  But in these cases, IMO, the school should've said, "Look, we aren't legally required to pay more than $X, but we regret the pain & loss of life, and wish to settle for $XY".  But appealing the painful case, and stiffing the family, is morally wrong

*jumps off soap box*

Looks like UCF yanked a kid's offer for taking an OV to Auburn.  Good stuff.

https://twitter.com/UCFSportsInfo/status/427811261108060160

I'm on the fence with this approach.  But I think both sides should be clear...I'm committed, with no more OVs.  Or, I'm "likely, but need OVs".  For the latter, the school can then say, either, "OK, then we're saving a spot for you, since we REALLY want you" or "OK, but we're saving the spot for you only until such time as you REALLY commit [i.e. no more OVs] or we find someone who really commits".

Kids would be wise to get all OVs in that they can, and then use their best judgement as to how much leverage they have with the schools they really want (e.g. if you leave a school like FSU hanging, don't be surprised if you get dumped late; if you are committed to FAU, you can likely wait till the end to lock in).

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5798664

Looks like UCF pulling the offer was a face saver...this guy committed to UCF a week or so ago, then visited Auburn, and committed to UGA. 

Wild 8 days ahead...but I'd rather this kid be a Bulldog than a Knight.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'm on the fence with this approach.  But I think both sides should be clear...I'm committed, with no more OVs.  Or, I'm "likely, but need OVs".  For the latter, the school can then say, either, "OK, then we're saving a spot for you, since we REALLY want you" or "OK, but we're saving the spot for you only until such time as you REALLY commit [i.e. no more OVs] or we find someone who really commits".

Kids would be wise to get all OVs in that they can, and then use their best judgement as to how much leverage they have with the schools they really want (e.g. if you leave a school like FSU hanging, don't be surprised if you get dumped late; if you are committed to FAU, you can likely wait till the end to lock in).

I'm totally ok with a school saying "If you're committed, don't go. Don't commit if you want to keep looking around. But in the meantime, we're going to keep looking around too and your spot might not be here when you've had your fun and seen whats out there."

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

I'm totally ok with a school saying "If you're committed, don't go. Don't commit if you want to keep looking around. But in the meantime, we're going to keep looking around too and your spot might not be here when you've had your fun and seen whats out there."

Michigan is the same way.

So, you mean that recruiting should use the "commit" word as the rest of the world does?  How. Dare. You?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  74
  • Days Won:  0

Looks like UCF pulling the offer was a face saver...this guy committed to UCF a week or so ago, then visited Auburn, and committed to UGA.

Not a big deal. In addition to rogers and gibson , both 4 star dbs, we have a third that is silent that is better than spencer. Kid was a talent, hence uga stealing him, but not a big deal. Sedrick king to Nebraska hurt. We have some tricks up our sleve. Our top ten players looking strong per 247

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Not a big deal. In addition to rogers and gibson , both 4 star dbs, we have a third that is silent that is better than spencer. Kid was a talent, hence uga stealing him, but not a big deal. Sedrick king to Nebraska hurt. We have some tricks up our sleve. Our top ten players looking strong per 247

Don't think you understand the quote box concept. It might not be taught at Unabated Cluster F**K.

Edited by Bullwinkle