• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

comparision of Under Armor deals.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

No where GA, I said this is more of the Divide/Split  between the Haves and Have Nots. (reading comprehension)?

Looking at the USA today numbers we had the SMALLEST Athletic Budget in the BE and the numbers based on conference affiliation, Bowl line ups, Post season money ect... will further the gap between Us (USF type schools (have not's) and Them( Auburn, ND(Power 5 (haves). These are facts People.

We need to be invited to the Power 5 or we will NEVER make it in the arms race.  Wake up. Poor Jtrue thinks everything is Green and Gold and USF is at the Big boy table.  (news flash, if this were a family dinner, we(USF) Would be sitting at the kids table on the porch).(to be seen and not heard from)

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

No where GA, I said this is more of the Divide/Split between the Haves and Have Nots.

Looking at the USA today numbers we had the SMALLEST Athletic Budget in the BE and the numbers bases on conference affiliation, Bowl line ups, Post season money ect... will further the gap between Us (USF type schools (have not's) and Them( Auburn, ND(Power 5 (haves).

We need to be invited to the Power 5 or we will NEVER make it in the arms race. Wake up.

But we're not like them. Why do you think we are?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

You realize Auburn's deal with UA places them closer to us than Notre Dame? Guess they're a have not too.
difference is Auburn is one of the top 10 ATHLETIC budgets in the nation. USF not even close.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/12/alabama_and_auburn_stay_among.html

http://www.voodoofive.com/2012/11/19/3665330/usf-athletics-is-in-crisis-and-not-just-on-the-field

So them making about the same from Under Armor is one tiny piece. (Really tiny piece)

If we're 1/10 and 1/4 as popular as ND and Auburn, I'd be surprised. So how isn't it a fair deal?
Where did he say it wasn't a fair deal?
In any one of the 5000 posts he's made like this over the past couple weeks. If he thought it was a fair deal, he wouldn't keep making new threads on the topic.

A simple "he didn't" would have been sufficient.  The point about the difference between P5 and non-P5 is completely valid and will continue to be greater as we move away from the BCS era. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

You realize Auburn's deal with UA places them closer to us than Notre Dame? Guess they're a have not too.
difference is Auburn is one of the top 10 ATHLETIC budgets in the nation. USF not even close.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/12/alabama_and_auburn_stay_among.html

http://www.voodoofive.com/2012/11/19/3665330/usf-athletics-is-in-crisis-and-not-just-on-the-field

So them making about the same from Under Armor is one tiny piece. (Really tiny piece)

If we're 1/10 and 1/4 as popular as ND and Auburn, I'd be surprised. So how isn't it a fair deal?
Where did he say it wasn't a fair deal?
In any one of the 5000 posts he's made like this over the past couple weeks. If he thought it was a fair deal, he wouldn't keep making new threads on the topic.

A simple "he didn't" would have been sufficient. The point about the difference between P5 and non-P5 is completely valid and will continue to be greater as we move away from the BCS era.

As we all agreed in his last thread on the subject, water is also wet.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

No where GA, I said this is more of the Divide/Split between the Haves and Have Nots.

Looking at the USA today numbers we had the SMALLEST Athletic Budget in the BE and the numbers bases on conference affiliation, Bowl line ups, Post season money ect... will further the gap between Us (USF type schools (have not's) and Them( Auburn, ND(Power 5 (haves).

We need to be invited to the Power 5 or we will NEVER make it in the arms race. Wake up.

But we're not like them. Why do you think we are?

Again, not something he was saying.

If you want to pillory something Dhambuc is saying, a better line would be "yeah, we need to get into a P5 conference.  Duh.  Tell us something we don't know already." 

However, he's not saying we're "like them."  Obviously he, and many Bulls fans, want to be, but I think a majority of us get that Auburn and ND are vastly different programs than USF. 

Shoot the messenger, not the message?    Just passing info along. Might not be what you want to hear, But it doesn't make it untrue.

I like you and most on here are Hoping USF can get its act together and fix this mess.  Time is ticking away friend, and we might not have a lot of time to fix or correct the situation.   This is a CRITICAL time frame for USF athletics and hopefully the President and Board are awake at the wheel.

Agree GA,  "Like them"  and "want to be included" in the same company are two different things.  The divide is getting larger and larger and we need to stop the bleeding before we dwindle away.  If the goal is to just field a team( at ANY level than no worries) but if we want to play in D1 Big Boy leagues we need to hope for the best, and have faith our Pres and Board know what they are doing.

Part of the problem is we didn't capitalize when we had the chance,(#2 ranking) , we started losing( thanks Skip). Had the wrong AD at the wrong time.( most recent waves of expansion). Break up of the BE, (good and bad thing) President that didn't realize or hasn't realized that Football is HUGE and is driving this train.  Hopefully she has been brought up to speed(by  Doug stepping down)( Conference refused ESPN's original TV deal which cost us millions and loss of teams(Pitt, Ville, Cuse) .  ESPN's take over of college football and our conference being relegated to second tier.

We are on shaky ground right now, believe it or not, But these are facts

Edited by Dhambuc

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

We need to be invited to the Power 5 or we will NEVER make it in the arms race.  Wake up. Poor Jtrue thinks everything is Green and Gold and USF is at the Big boy table.  (news flash, if this were a family dinner, we(USF) Would be sitting at the kids table on the porch).(to be seen and not heard from)

The family dinner is a perfect example ... Take a look at the football history/tradition of those at the adult table and then make your case that we belong there with them. The kids' table is where we belong at this point in our football life and those that can't face that reality, don't want to help with the growth, probably need to take a break from USF football for a while.

The family dinner is a perfect example ... Take a look at the football history/tradition of those at the adult table and then make your case that we belong there with them. The kids' table is where we belong at this point in our football life and those that can't face that reality, don't want to help with the growth, probably need to take a break from USF football for a while.

sad but true. we are still in our infancy , really haven't proven or done anything to say we belong at the table.  Doesn't mean we don't WANT to be there.  We should do everything we can do get an invite. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

I just wish they'd let alumni and students buy a pair

I'm a professional paintball player, even helped get the USF Paintball Club off the ground

I'd love a pair of Under Armor cleats to represent my alma matter. 

Let us buy some UA!!! 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I just wish they'd let alumni and students buy a pair

I'm a professional paintball player, even helped get the USF Paintball Club off the ground

I'd love a pair of Under Armor cleats to represent my alma matter. 

Let us buy some UA!!!

Fascinating!

Is there enough money in playing pro paintball to feed a family or is it a side job?

Is this you narrating?

Edited by charsibb