• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Graduation Rates reaches an all-time record

atticman

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Acceptance RATES are not just misleading, they're uncontrollable.

USF only controls the numerator (# accepted), not the denominator (# applied).

Therefore using acceptance rates for any kind of measure of excellence is not just misleading, it's flat out wrong.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Transfers need to be addressed. Most of those that I saw struggling were CC transfers especially when it came to college level writing. Absolutely horrendous.

I think this is an issue that needs to be addressed by the state legislature. USF has to accept cc transfers pursuant to the state-wide (2+2) policy. It's explained here:

http://www.fldoe.org/articulation/pdf/Pathways_to_Success.pdf

They must accept the credits, assuming the student is accepted into the university. AA does not guarantee you admission to the university of your choice.

I could have sworn that the school had to accept the student, if not, then I stand corrected. Thanks.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Transfers need to be addressed. Most of those that I saw struggling were CC transfers especially when it came to college level writing. Absolutely horrendous.

I think this is an issue that needs to be addressed by the state legislature. USF has to accept cc transfers pursuant to the state-wide (2+2) policy. It's explained here:

http://www.fldoe.org/articulation/pdf/Pathways_to_Success.pdf

They must accept the credits, assuming the student is accepted into the university. AA does not guarantee you admission to the university of your choice.

I could have sworn that the school had to accept the student, if not, then I stand corrected. Thanks.

The mechanics are actually somewhat complicated.  There is a program that guarantees you acceptance to a public university in Florida if you graduated from a Florida CC with your associate's degree.  However, you are not guaranteed admission to limited access programs or specific majors - which you will almost certainly need as a junior transfer.  From a practical standpoint, you will definitely get in somewhere but if you only scrape by, you are unlikely to end up at the top schools (UF, FSU, USF, UCF).