• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

dogma post = Better Attendance?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

Can anyone who has been following football for more than 2 months really argue that UCF and Old Man OLeary should out-recruit USF to begin with? No surprise we are doing a better job.

The world is forgetting how USF responds to adversity. Hope Disney College is enjoying their potato chip trophy, we have our sights a little higher. 

Edited by hm101

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Agree, UCF shouldn't pass us by at all. I see them dropping with Bortles and Storm leaving for the NFL.

Now as I say tthis we have to hope that Disney/ABC/ESPN  doesn't decide that for some strange Disney reason they want to push for UCF.( fall in love UCF as the next best thing).

With Big 12 TV deal up for negotiations in the Somewhat near future I wouldn't be surprised if ESPN did everything in its power to lock that conference down as well(esp with Texas /Oklahoma and others in it). They will have to expand to have a shot each year in the new playoff system.  

Fla is on the radar for that expansion.  Lets hope Disney/ESPN doesn't decide that they want to partner up with UCF(being an home to their Theme parks, ESPN sports complex ect..)    There may or may not be room for 2 Fla schools in the Big 12. (I think Cincy and BYU have to be considered as well).  USF and UCF bring about the same sized school, same sized tv market and fan base. So its a wash.

We know expansion is / has been handled the way ESPN has wanted it to go. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Havent missed one of the early games than I can remember. There haven't been too many of them in Ray Jay that I remember, (UNC, Ville, Miami, UCF cpl home coming games) I believe. Or they could had been 330pm games.  ( Only had a few of them as well)

Same could be said for the whole past season( 7 pm starts). for Attendance woes. Didn't miss those either.  

Edited by Dhambuc

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

...or you get up on game day, watch some noon to six o'clock games, drive to the stadium, watch the game, and head home to catch the end of the west-coast games. That being said, there's arguments for and against Saturday night but I really wouldn't mind some late season (Nov/Dec) noon or three o'clock games. Point being, if you're gonna make USF a priority, you're gonna be at the stadium regardless of what time the game starts. 

But truthfully, until such time as it is crystal clear that USF has turned the corner and is winning...attendance is going to be an issue. It's gonna take more than one high-profile upset win to get people to show up; don't wanna run the risk of coming to a game only to see yet another let-down loss. It's very difficult to get people to show up if the product is suspect to begin with.