• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CSH needs to do two things

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

45076082.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

next year is the story of usf athletics

maybe he should get paid next year only

That's awesome.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Agree completely. CSH should set up a 20-second shot clock in practice, then play like we practice

Need to play some streetball and have some fun, as if we were playing in the Cage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXlO14WQAbY

LOL that clip, it looks pretty much like we do at times during the game. Sloppy, some standing around, and only one layup made in 3 min. I want our guys to have fun and run, but I'd like to see more accuracy and better shot selection than I've seen lately. Even though they challenged Cincy for a while, they just don't really seem that sharp.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

This year is pretty much a building block for next season. Lots of young talent that should improve next season. Need a healthy AC next season. Also, I hope Egbunu is still here next season. Wont suprise me if he goes pro after this season because of the NCAA allegations.

And what are the allegations against him?

Seems to be more of a question that his academics were fudged by someone than any real recruiting violation.  I suppose it is possible that he is ineligible, but even that seems a stretch..

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

(1) CSH needs to let the guys run. We can't slow it down on offense and survive this season.

(2) And he needs to let the guys shoot. Yeah, we look bad at times, like the last game. But they can't have that fear of being yanked when they miss.

Agree completely. CSH should set up a 20-second shot clock in practice, then play like we practice

Well they did practice in the offseason with a 24 sec shot clock like the NBA. However like his players, Heath starts to panic and reverts back to old habits at the slightest sign of danger. USF was a better offensive team in the beginning on the season then what you see now.

Do not expect a lot of changes from Heath the rest of the season. Some of this stuff is nice to talk about, but in reality a historically stubborn coach like Heath isn't going to make many, if any changes no matter how much losing occurs. If fact they usually tightens things down even more. We're starting to see that happening lately.

Totally agree with VEGA here.  I think it gets worse not better unfort.  Stan is in their heads and that's the problem.  Stan needs to go, I know there are a lot that feel differently but there are ALOT that feel the same way.  Everyone that sits around me at the games feels Stan is the problem. Quick to sub out, in the players heads too much,  doesn't allow them to get into a grove or rhythm, overthinks the game but Doesn't make the needed In game adjustments( how many times have we seen this in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half of games)?  Stan is a great guy, great recruiter but horrible as the head coach.

The rumblings about players in the locker room are leaking out and there is some INNER turmoil between coaching and players.

New AD or Doug need to cut Stan and hand the reins over to Wells to finish the season. Let him know the expectation is to show improvement and to win more than half of the remaining games. If Wells shows improvement  offer him the job (short term contract) Until he proves himself (NIT or NCAA bid within 2 years). If not than find another coach.  If they want to insist on Keeping Stan than put him in position as an Asst coach(not the top man) , this would allow him to stay put and continue to recruit ect... and readjust his contract to reflect. If he wont change roles than send him packing and pay him off.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The biggest problem is that AC has been injured and Stan thought he would be healthy, hence he left the RS on Little Heath for too long.  

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

what are the rumblings in the locker room would love to hear

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

what are the rumblings in the locker room would love to hear

Burritos from lunch ..... ?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

(1) CSH needs to let the guys run. We can't slow it down on offense and survive this season.

(2) And he needs to let the guys shoot. Yeah, we look bad at times, like the last game. But they can't have that fear of being yanked when they miss.

Well they did practice in the offseason with a 24 sec shot clock like the NBA. However like his players, Heath starts to panic and reverts back to old habits at the slightest sign of danger. USF was a better offensive team in the beginning on the season then what you see now.

Do not expect a lot of changes from Heath the rest of the season. Some of this stuff is nice to talk about, but in reality a historically stubborn coach like Heath isn't going to make many, if any changes no matter how much losing occurs. If fact they usually tightens things down even more. We're starting to see that happening lately.

Totally agree with VEGA here.  I think it gets worse not better unfort.  Stan is in their heads and that's the problem.  Stan needs to go, I know there are a lot that feel differently but there are ALOT that feel the same way.  Everyone that sits around me at the games feels Stan is the problem. Quick to sub out, in the players heads too much,  doesn't allow them to get into a grove or rhythm, overthinks the game but Doesn't make the needed In game adjustments( how many times have we seen this in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half of games)?  Stan is a great guy, great recruiter but horrible as the head coach.

The rumblings about players in the locker room are leaking out and there is some INNER turmoil between coaching and players.

New AD or Doug need to cut Stan and hand the reins over to Wells to finish the season. Let him know the expectation is to show improvement and to win more than half of the remaining games. If Wells shows improvement  offer him the job (short term contract) Until he proves himself (NIT or NCAA bid within 2 years). If not than find another coach.  If they want to insist on Keeping Stan than put him in position as an Asst coach(not the top man) , this would allow him to stay put and continue to recruit ect... and readjust his contract to reflect. If he wont change roles than send him packing and pay him off.

Please tell me this is just more baiting on your part and this stupidiity isn't serious ...??

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Not baiting, My preference is to fire him, (cut him completely) But some think  his great recruitment ties are worth keeping. 

If we have to pay him to leave (which we will when we fire him) why not pay /make him earn the money ( demote him to recruiting only).   

Kinda like we are doing with Doug now,  Letting him stay at USF in a different role( collecting a check) but not acting as the AD when the new one is hired. 

No difference in What we are doing with Doug than I mentioned above for Stan.

This happens a lot (they call it coach in waiting) or some other title to save face and make the transition less messy

BTW way to start the name calling "stupidity" when you don't agree with something or have a clue.

Edited by Dhambuc