• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cornerback Durden arrested

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

USF policy:

http://www.housing.usf.edu/pdf/resources/2013-14_Resident_Handbook.pdf

Room Access
All due respect is given to the privacy that residents enjoy in their rooms. Occasionally, circumstances present themselves which 
necessitate authorized University personnel to enter student rooms for the purpose of repair and maintenance, assessment of 
damages, inventory of University property, determination of compliance with University policies, and emergencies where imminent 
danger to life, safety, health is reasonably suspected. When possible, advance notice will be given to residents. Submitting a work 
request authorizes maintenance personnel to enter your room.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Japan's drug laws make us look like Amsterdam. I don't get your argument.

I doubt Japan spent almost $25 billion on the drug war....last year alone. Nor were they incarcerating literally millions a year on drugs. In 2010 almost 2 million were arrested on drug charges, 80% on possession, not dealing. The amount spent, what its doing to US society is ridiculous. Its a moral law that we can't afford to fund anymore.

And Japan doesn't have Mexico and S. America for neighbors.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I doubt Japan spent almost $25 billion on the drug war....last year alone. Nor were they incarcerating literally millions a year on drugs. In 2010 almost 2 million were arrested on drug charges, 80% on possession, not dealing. The amount spent, what its doing to US society is ridiculous. Its a moral law that we can't afford to fund anymore.

Still have no idea why Japan was an example. They have insanely harsh laws and less people in jail. Your solution for us to be more like them is do the exact opposite?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

This is from the University of Florida dorm regs:

6) Authorized University housing personnel may enter student rooms without the resident’s permission for maintenance/housekeeping purposes and fire/safety inspections. When authorized personnel have reasonable belief that a violation of a University regulation, local ordinance, state or federal statute is in progress, and/or for other emergency purposes, they may enter student rooms without notice.

http://www.housing.ufl.edu/undergrad/contracts/

Not when it comes to smoking weed or marijuana.  I lived in Holly last year and our roommate was terrible.  He would sit in his room and smoke all day and make it a near unlivable environment.  We tried to get the RA to make him stop, but the RA can only ask him through the door if he refuses to open it.  UP got called up after a shouting/threatening match between my other roommates and our weed-smoking roomie.  He locked the door before they got there and despite the fact they could smell it and we showed them evidence of his smoking activities they said they still couldn't open the door on him.  I'll never understand it.  We got him kicked out in April after we proved he stole money from us and threatened us.  UP wanted to help, but it always seemed like their hands were tied so they could never take any real action.

Super-irony is that this kid tried to walk-on to the football team last year and failed.  That's what kicked off his smoking.

Still have no idea why Japan was an example. They have insanely harsh laws and less people in jail. Your solution for us to be more like them is do the exact opposite?

Oh, because they are a first world country. Cuba is in the top 5, a country you'd expect to be oppressing the population.

Oh, because they are a first world country. Cuba is in the top 5, a country you'd expect to be oppressing the population.

Again, what is it the U.S. should be learning from Japan on this matter?

It was a comparison of how much of an outlier the US incarceration rates are compared to industrialized first world countries. You could write a dissertation on what the U.S. needs to take from the rest of the world on things ranging from views on drugs to how to education children about sex, another area that the U.S. rates shockingly bad in, teen pregnancy rates, when compared to other first world countries. Morality laws and views in America have really caused massive problems.

EDIT: And note, that is the overall incarceration rate. In the US a large amount of that number are from drug related arrests, but that rate is for all crimes.

Edited by slick1ru2

It was a comparison of how much of an outlier the US incarceration rates are compared to industrialized first world countries. You could write a dissertation on what the U.S. needs to take from the rest of the world on things ranging from views on drugs to how to education children about sex, another area that the U.S. rates shockingly bad in, teen pregnancy rates, when compared to other first world countries. Morality laws and views in America have really caused massive problems.

EDIT: And note, that is the overall incarceration rate. In the US a large amount of that number are from drug related arrests, but that rate is for all crimes.

So your suggestion was that the U.S. start passing drug laws like Japan in order to lower that incarceration rate?

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Colorado and Washington State both legalize cannabis and they advance to the super bowl, Coincidence? I Think Pot.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Colorado and Washington State both legalize cannabis and they advance to the super bowl, Coincidence? I Think Pot.

Now, THAT's funny.

Suddenly I'm very hungry.  Mmmm, munchies!!!