• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I would rather...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Casual fans don't have 1,000 posts on a team specific message board.

I understand casual fans being unhappy, but changes were made in terms of FB.  They will come to fruition or they wont, but rudderless and sinking ship?  Basketball in it's present form is light years ahead of where they were 10 years ago (winning 5 or 10 games in CUSA).  This team would ran sack those.  OK, we're not a top 50 or even hundred team, but this team will win games and is young and will get better.

Posting some melodramatic bull-**** on a message board deserves some prodding.  Why do you feel the need to tell us your leaving.  If you whine about it on a message board about it, I have a hard time believing you'd even do it in the first place.

Exactly. It's a childish cry for attention, nothing more.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Watch a kitten get run over than watch another USF sporting event this year...on the plus side, I was able to sell the rest of my basketball season tickets for 1/10 of face value which is more than I expected. I'm not renewing any season tickets next year until there is some major improvements...we really aren't competitive in any sport. Heres to football turning it around!

I applaud your decision to no longer give your money, or same amount of time, to the rudderless, sinking ship that is USF athletics.  Sports is entertainment. . . . . . therefore you rightfully have an expectation to be entertained.  This violation is unwatchable.  The superfans that say you have lost your right to complain, opine or even get back on the USF bandwagon are wrong.

College sports is about more than just being entertained .... Our only hope is that ******** and moaning rats scurrying off the ship are just the most vocal, as it is in most cases like this, and the mostly silent majority truly understands what college athletics is all about.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Watch a kitten get run over than watch another USF sporting event this year...on the plus side, I was able to sell the rest of my basketball season tickets for 1/10 of face value which is more than I expected. I'm not renewing any season tickets next year until there is some major improvements...we really aren't competitive in any sport. Heres to football turning it around!

I applaud your decision to no longer give your money, or same amount of time, to the rudderless, sinking ship that is USF athletics.  Sports is entertainment. . . . . . therefore you rightfully have an expectation to be entertained.  This violation is unwatchable.  The superfans that say you have lost your right to complain, opine or even get back on the USF bandwagon are wrong.

So if it's just entertainment, you can just watch whatever game you want and align yourself with no one. But since both of you have "bull" in your alias, I'd assume you've aligned with USF. Ergo, your argument is ridiculous. Otherwise this stuff wouldn't bother you at all! Roll with the punches or just take some time at the gym to work it off but don't act like you're going to quit unless you're committed. Neither of you are.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Why do you feel the need to tell us your leaving. If you whine about it on a message board about it, I have a hard time believing you'd even do it in the first place.

Maybe it's a cry for help. He wants someone to encourage him that it will get better.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

I'll take losing seasons over what we had in 1996 when I first got to USF any day of the week

When I got to USF in 1996, the ONLY place you could find a USF shirt was at the bookstore, which was back near the loading docks behind the post office, where the current Parking Services building is as now. 

Sports Authority on Fowler didn't have any USF Shirts. You couldn't find any USF merchandise in the University Mall, no hats, shirts, nothing. WalMart on Fletcher didn't have any USF merchandise

In 1996 prior to USF Football, there wasn't much difference between USF and HCC, other than USF had 4 year programs. Both were considered "commuter" campuses. 

Win or Lose, we've benefited significantly from the hard push in athletics programs. You have to remember, for 40 years this school emphasized research, not athletics

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

So if it's just entertainment, you can just watch whatever game you want and align yourself with no one. But since both of you have "bull" in your alias, I'd assume you've aligned with USF. Ergo, your argument is ridiculous. Otherwise this stuff wouldn't bother you at all! Roll with the punches or just take some time at the gym to work it off but don't act like you're going to quit unless you're committed. Neither of you are.

I'm an alumnus.  USF is my team.  I care very much and am bothered by the direction of the program. . . . . . . but, to me, this thread is about what I'm going to do with my time and money.

I used to drop thousands a year and countless hours taking my family of four to football games in Tampa and various road games for both football and hoops. . . . . those days are over.  This team is unworthy of my time and money. . . . . plus my kids now only seem to care about ACC sports or their mom's SEC alma mater.

Anybody who recalls many of my posts, knows that relegation to the generic, cash-hemorrhaging, pee wee sports league called the AAC disappointed me greatly.  Especially when nobody was made to be accountable and answer the tough questions. . . . . . instead the ECU and Tulane banners were hung a year early and people like me were counted on to follow blindly. . . . . . F that noise.

I won't switch teams for entertainment purposes, I just find other things to do now.  Look at the attendance threads or the volume of posts on this board . . . . . . . . I'm not alone.

Guys, my fandom will never die.  But it is on life support.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

That's all fine. It's your right to not watch or whatever if you want. But you just have to realize that if you don't watch USF sports, then in a discussion about USF sports you by definition have no idea what you are talking about, so your opinion is totally meaningless and irrelevant.

Edited by gobulls83

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Why do you feel the need to tell us your leaving. If you whine about it on a message board about it, I have a hard time believing you'd even do it in the first place.

Maybe it's a cry for help. He wants someone to encourage him that it will get better.

Nah, he's just a wallower ...

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

College sports is about more than just being entertained .... Our only hope is that ******** and moaning rats scurrying off the ship are just the most vocal, as it is in most cases like this, and the mostly silent majority truly understands what college athletics is all about.

Since you fashion yourself among the "mostly silent majority that truly understands what college athletics is about", please break your silence (as you have when you posted the other $37K times here) and share what college sports is about.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Suffer for a long time and one gets rewarded. I think when USF made the dance two years ago, it was the happiest week of my life that I could recall in recent years. I can't recall ever being that happy for those many days together.

And when USF hit #2 in the polls in football, I could feel my cells exploding with happiness, really hard to describe.

Anyway, teams that win all the time, I bet their fans don't experience the level of happiness that I experienced as a Bull. I would say it's like hitting the lottery. No kidding.

If I could change anything since day one of being a Bull, I mean if I could have gotten, say, my degrees from Harvard or elsewhere, I wouldn't change a thing! The joy that I've had as a Bulls sports fan -away from the academics- has outweighed suffering over the losses by many folds. The academics, that's just going to school and learning and whatever else -borrring stuff!

Your cells don't explode with happiness every day, but it's worth the wait!

Go Bulls!