• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Need to know and TBP Official In Game Thread #USFBulls vs #FAMU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Watching also. Glad to see someone else struggle against FGCU.

MSU is very "handy". Reminds me a little of Shaka's VCU teams. They're not going to be a pushover, that's for sure.

Also, we're going to have a hard time with their zone :(

Agree MSU looks very strong and they get to rebounds well. This will be a tough game for us.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

I hope we're 11-2 going into the Memphis games after wins vs. Mississippi and UNLV in Vegas and Bradley on the road. Sure would be a nice start!

...Could be 12-1 at that point but I really need to get over that Detroit game...I just can't

Could also be 4-6.

I don't think we are a good team at all. Hawkins seems like he hasn't improved since he graduated HS, LeDay has gotten slower and seemingly weaker and less aggressive, AC is a shell of his 2012 self. 

Egbunu, 3 rebounds? Against FAMU? Chris Perry continues to define inconsistency, although it's what I expect from a freshman.

If we didn't have Corey Allen this year, I think we'd be 3-7, that's how bad and inconsistent I think the rest of this team is.

Just because a player is on this team, doesn't mean he deserves to be on the floor. I think we are playing more guys that shouldn't be just to develop a deeper bench through experience. Here's my opinion on who should play.

Abdul-Aleem: 10-15 minutes

Rudd: Every minute except for periodic short breathers.

LeDay: 20 minutes

Allen Jr: Every minute except for periodic short breathers.

Egbunu: 25-30 minutes to gain experience (needs to be better instructed on using athleticism and size in rebounding)

Heath: Red Shirt

Collins: 30 minutes - need to allow Corey Allen Jr. to own the position and create a change of pace during cold streaks on offense.

McLendon: 2-3 minutes some games.

Hawkins: 20 minutes

Perry: 20-25 minutes (the hot hand/ better defender when compared to Egbunu stays on the floor, these two should be competing with eachother.)

Clayton: Red Shirt

Zeigler: Red Shirt

Omogbehin: Bench

Brock: 25-30 minutes

Just my opinion but some guys who are identified as having a good game need to be on the floor much more often than others, even if it's LeDay who's hot on a particular night. We need to cut out the three (no more than 3 to 4 attempts a game) and focus on pounding the post and driving to the basket. Rudd's mid-range jumper looked great tonight. We need more of that. Get the ball into Allen Jr. or Rudd's hands, they are the playmakers for us. Not Collins. (Sorry Collins lovers)

Edited by USFBulls12

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I am more worried about this team now than I ever was.

Let's just hope it's a classic case of playing down to the opponent , and that we'll play up to better opponents.

I sure hope so.

Luckily there are no style points in what it takes to get into tourneys

Not true. For bubble teams, these narrow wins could be a factor.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I hope we're 11-2 going into the Memphis games after wins vs. Mississippi and UNLV in Vegas and Bradley on the road. Sure would be a nice start!

...Could be 12-1 at that point but I really need to get over that Detroit game...I just can't

Could also be 4-6.

I don't think we are a good team at all. Hawkins seems like he hasn't improved since he graduated HS, LeDay has gotten slower and seemingly weaker and less aggressive, AC is a shell of his 2012 self. 

Egbunu, 3 rebounds? Against FAMU? Chris Perry continues to define inconsistency, although it's what I expect from a freshman.

If we didn't have Corey Allen this year, I think we'd be 3-7, that's how bad and inconsistent I think the rest of this team is.

Wow...PERFECT summatry, except that I'd add that Rudd is a game changer...just not at full bore all the time.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I am an AC :wub: guy. Our ballers are Perry, Rudd, and Allen on offense.  On D it is Allen, Brock, and Egbunu.  Rudd and Allen seem to be our only rebounders for the position they play.

AC can still throw the alley, but the rest of his game is oopsing.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Watching also. Glad to see someone else struggle against FGCU.

MSU is very "handy". Reminds me a little of Shaka's VCU teams. They're not going to be a pushover, that's for sure.

Also, we're going to have a hard time with their zone :(

Agree MSU looks very strong and they get to rebounds well. This will be a tough game for us.

If it comes down to free throws, though, I like our chances. MSU may be the only team shooting worse than we are right now...

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

You can tell Heath has been getting after the guys for shooting the 3 pointer and they seem to have stopped throwing up bombs. As long as they continue shooting less than 30% from three point land in practice, they shouldn't even attempt them in a game..too many turnovers off missed 3s. Just hand the ball to the other team. We can get a better look than those shots.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

How weird was it to see Musa's twin on the FAMU side?

I didn't know about him; I hadn't read anything. Anyway, the first time I saw a glimpse the twin, I thought I was seeing things!

Thank goodness the announcers started talking about the issue. I would have needed medication!

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I didn't know about him; I hadn't read anything. Anyway, the first time I saw a glimpse the twin, I thought I was seeing things!

Thank goodness the announcers started talking about the issue. I would have needed medication!

LOL. You are not the only one

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

LOL. You are not the only one

No **** .... When we came in, watching him in warmups, called him Musa's clone and with no names on their jerseys, had no clue he was related until saw the name on the stats ... even then wasn't positive because it didn't have full name, only Abdul-Al.