• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart vows "it will get better"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I really expected Taggart to say "This team sucks and I don't have a clue how to make the team better, but I'm getting paid millions anyway so I'll stick around and soak up the money."

:facepalm:

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I guarantee you, if Skip had won more games you wouldn't be criticizing his press conferences.

If?

If he had won more games, there wouldn't have been much to criticize. 

Edited by GaUSFBull

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

He's brutally honest and set in his ways and I respect the hell out of him for it.  I like a coach who has a vision and is willing to work to see it through.  Could he have run the spread this year?  Sure.  Would it have won him more games?  Debatable.  But it wouldn't have made sense to run the spread for his vision going forward so he decided to run his offense and prepare these guys for the future.  He knows he has some time to work and he's willing to put in that time to make the program better going forward. 

He's working on building a lasting program.  You can't ask much more than that. 

Florida athletes are built on speed, not brawn.  There is a reason that Florida teams try to throw the ball all over the field and teams from the midwest try run the ball down the other teams throat.  Maybe it will work.  

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I really expected Taggart to say "This team sucks and I don't have a clue how to make the team better, but I'm getting paid millions anyway so I'll stick around and soak up the money."

What?  People say they want honesty.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

He's brutally honest and set in his ways and I respect the hell out of him for it. I like a coach who has a vision and is willing to work to see it through. Could he have run the spread this year? Sure. Would it have won him more games? Debatable. But it wouldn't have made sense to run the spread for his vision going forward so he decided to run his offense and prepare these guys for the future. He knows he has some time to work and he's willing to put in that time to make the program better going forward.

He's working on building a lasting program. You can't ask much more than that.

Florida athletes are built on speed, not brawn. There is a reason that Florida teams try to throw the ball all over the field and teams from the midwest try run the ball down the other teams throat. Maybe it will work.

C. Florida would disagree with you

And hasn't UF been running a Pro-Style offense for years?

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

He's brutally honest and set in his ways and I respect the hell out of him for it. I like a coach who has a vision and is willing to work to see it through. Could he have run the spread this year? Sure. Would it have won him more games? Debatable. But it wouldn't have made sense to run the spread for his vision going forward so he decided to run his offense and prepare these guys for the future. He knows he has some time to work and he's willing to put in that time to make the program better going forward.

Florida athletes are built on speed, not brawn. There is a reason that Florida teams try to throw the ball all over the field and teams from the midwest try run the ball down the other teams throat. Maybe it will work.

And how did Meyer win 2 national championships? By running the spread. Muschamp tried a pro style and its been awful.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

And how did Meyer win 2 national championships? By running the spread. Muschamp tried a pro style and its been awful.

Jimbo Fisher disagrees about running the spread ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Did CWT say that while incurring an illegal motion penalty? Or after a delay of game?

I kid, I kid. Kinda.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Did CWT say that while incurring an illegal motion penalty? Or after a delay of game?

I kid, I kid. Kinda.

His interview did start a few seconds late.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

What?  People say they want honesty.

1275389857_naked-gun-facepalm.gif

• Upvote 1