• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  108

I thought for years that there needs to be something that gets the crowd together doing some sort of song and/or dance. Little things like that keep people who aren't completely interested in football interested in coming to the games.

Nothing ever has really been tried like this aside from the alma matar that very few even stand for.

Do they actually play the alma mater at games?  They never have words to it anywhere so I never assumed so. 

Sing it before every game and sometimes the words are on the jumbotron.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

I thought for years that there needs to be something that gets the crowd together doing some sort of song and/or dance. Little things like that keep people who aren't completely interested in football interested in coming to the games.

Nothing ever has really been tried like this aside from the alma matar that very few even stand for.

Do they actually play the alma mater at games?  They never have words to it anywhere so I never assumed so. 

How the hell did I miss that?  XD

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

A little OT, but I wish they'd stop with the fight song before the basketball games. Even with the words up there, the singing is haphazard at best and sounds horrible... until they get to the S-O-U-T-H-F-LO-R-I-D-A part and then most pick it up ... maybe there's a way to go straight to that.

A little OT, but I wish they'd stop with the fight song before the basketball games. Even with the words up there, the singing is haphazard at best and sounds horrible... until they get to the S-O-U-T-H-F-LO-R-I-D-A part and then most pick it up ... maybe there's a way to go straight to that.

Actually, you have a point.  No one knows the fight song in the first place so everyone just hums and waits for the end to spell out the name.  I don't know anyone who knows any of the words just asking around campus on a daily basis. :P

Actually, you have a point.  No one knows the fight song in the first place so everyone just hums and waits for the end to spell out the name.  I don't know anyone who knows any of the words just asking around campus on a daily basis. :P

The words are up on the scoreboard screen but the ones who do try and sing it go at different speeds ...

Actually, you have a point.  No one knows the fight song in the first place so everyone just hums and waits for the end to spell out the name.  I don't know anyone who knows any of the words just asking around campus on a daily basis.  :P

The words are up on the scoreboard screen but the ones who do try and sing it go at different speeds ...

Mandatory Music lessons for all fans.  Today's lesson:  Tempo.  :drummer:

Actually, you have a point.  No one knows the fight song in the first place so everyone just hums and waits for the end to spell out the name.  I don't know anyone who knows any of the words just asking around campus on a daily basis.  :P

And speaking of tempo, they need to discus that with the recent national anthem singers ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  108

And speaking of tempo, they need to discus that with the recent national anthem singers ...

Maybe they want their 15 minutes of fame all in one song. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

We lock arms at the end of the 3rd qt and sing Lou Reed's Perfect Day!

http://youtu.be/r15rbr4nf_U

I actually like this idea. The key would be to not only put lyrics and verbal prompts on all the boards at Ray Jay, but possibly a lower toned  vocal track, so that all in attendence can get on the same tempo. Otherwise, it's just like it is at the basketball games where folks all ready the Fight Song lyrics at different tempos.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

We lock arms at the end of the 3rd qt and sing Lou Reed's Perfect Day!

http://youtu.be/r15rbr4nf_U

I actually like this idea. The key would be to not only put lyrics and verbal prompts on all the boards at Ray Jay, but possibly a lower toned  vocal track, so that all in attendence can get on the same tempo. Otherwise, it's just like it is at the basketball games where folks all ready the Fight Song lyrics at different tempos.

Wouldn't that require a licensing agreement from the copyright owner ?

If Athletics wanted to make it happen, it likely could. It's just a matter of "how much."

Edited by Paisa el Toro