• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let's use the Shaw example on how CWT will make USF better.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

If you go back and look at the play clock for a lot of the false starts and illegal formations you will see that most of the time they are breaking the huddle with less than 10 seconds because the play took so long to get in. I think White panics when the play clock gets so low.

For what it is worth, during the 49ers game the other day the announcer pointed out that their offense leads the league in those type of penalties, delay of game and that they take a lot of time outs to avoid delay of game penalties.

So how are you suggesting White causes false starts? An inconsistent voice inflection when panicked?

He calls for the snap before the shifting players are set. That was where most of the illegal procedures were called.

Exactly! And that seemed to stop 2nd half of the UCF game.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Someone tell me why switching this team from a spread offense to power running team caused us to have the worst record ever.    QB has to be biggest issue. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

If you go back and look at the play clock for a lot of the false starts and illegal formations you will see that most of the time they are breaking the huddle with less than 10 seconds because the play took so long to get in. I think White panics when the play clock gets so low.

For what it is worth, during the 49ers game the other day the announcer pointed out that their offense leads the league in those type of penalties, delay of game and that they take a lot of time outs to avoid delay of game penalties.

So how are you suggesting White causes false starts? An inconsistent voice inflection when panicked?

He calls for the snap before the shifting players are set. That was where most of the illegal procedures were called.

illegal procedure/motion/shift is not a false start.  

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

In case you all don't remember, Taggart recruited Shaw to WKU. Shaw turned him down and committed to USF. Taggart wanted him bad. The funny part is that Taggart ends up being Shaw's coach at USF. 1st thing he noticed about Shaw is that his body still looked the same as it was in high school. Taggart immediated had Shaw put on the extra muscle and it turned Shaw's career at USF around. Now, as Justin Pawlowski was saying on the radio broadcast after the game, all the current USF players returning need to hit the weights and get bigger and stronger. Get more mentally tough and get a better understanding on how the Stanford offense works. It can be learned but it will take discipline to not false start or illegal motion all the **** time. They need to clean those penalites up for it to work. Also, I believe they have the leader in QB Mike White that will be vocal to all the current players to get it done. I can tell you this. I am a lot more excited for next season than I was during this season. WE EXPECT TO SEE IMPROVEMENT!!! If USF can get to about 6 or 7 wins then we can continue to build from there. GO BULLS!!!!!! This will be a big off season for the future.

Sounds like a plan, let's hope so.

But I must again point out the fallacy on here about the false starts and motion penalties. Those increased dramatically when White took over. Those penalties aren't about "the entire offense", they are about White. I expect him to be much more versed in the offense by next year, but let's understand where that is coming from.

how does a QB cause false starts? was he whispering a secret snap count to different individuals?
Really???? I can't even count how many times he called the snap with multiple people in motion or not lined up in the right position because they hadn't completed their shift yet... Don't give me the "not false starts crap either. It's totally the QBs fault. Edited by Sellular1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

In case you all don't remember, Taggart recruited Shaw to WKU. Shaw turned him down and committed to USF. Taggart wanted him bad. The funny part is that Taggart ends up being Shaw's coach at USF. 1st thing he noticed about Shaw is that his body still looked the same as it was in high school. Taggart immediated had Shaw put on the extra muscle and it turned Shaw's career at USF around. Now, as Justin Pawlowski was saying on the radio broadcast after the game, all the current USF players returning need to hit the weights and get bigger and stronger. Get more mentally tough and get a better understanding on how the Stanford offense works. It can be learned but it will take discipline to not false start or illegal motion all the **** time. They need to clean those penalites up for it to work. Also, I believe they have the leader in QB Mike White that will be vocal to all the current players to get it done. I can tell you this. I am a lot more excited for next season than I was during this season. WE EXPECT TO SEE IMPROVEMENT!!! If USF can get to about 6 or 7 wins then we can continue to build from there. GO BULLS!!!!!! This will be a big off season for the future.

But I must again point out the fallacy on here about the false starts and motion penalties. Those increased dramatically when White took over. Those penalties aren't about "the entire offense", they are about White. I expect him to be much more versed in the offense by next year, but let's understand where that is coming from.

how does a QB cause false starts? was he whispering a secret snap count to different individuals?
Really???? I can't even count how many times he called the snap with multiple people in motion or not lined up in the right position because they hadn't completed their shift yet... Don't give me the "not false starts crap either. It's totally the QBs fault.

yea, im giving you that not false starts crap.  its ridiculous to complain about a problem when you aren't correctly identifying whats going on. 

Really???? I can't even count how many times he called the snap with multiple people in motion or not lined up in the right position because they hadn't completed their shift yet... Don't give me the "not false starts crap either. It's totally the QBs fault.

yea, im giving you that not false starts crap.  its ridiculous to complain about a problem when you aren't correctly identifying whats going on.

All those motion penalties are the fault of the QB. Do you think Tags yells hike for the sideline???

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

It has been the illegal procedures, formations and shifts. And yeah, I will blame the coaches as much as the QB. White has been panicking to get the snap off because the coaches take 20 seconds to get the call into the huddle. They break huddle with less than 10 seconds to go then start all the shifting.

It has been the illegal procedures, formations and shifts. And yeah, I will blame the coaches as much as the QB. White has been panicking to get the snap off because the coaches take 20 seconds to get the call into the huddle. They break huddle with less than 10 seconds to go then start all the shifting.

Actually this is very true. Seems to take forever to get the play called into the QB then there's no time to set up and get the ball snapped. This has to get better next season. And our plays are so crappy and predictable that this shouldn't be an issue.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

We expect a lof of those motion penaties to be gone next season as the team will have a better understanding. What really needs to happen is to get our OL bigger  and stronger for this offense to work. We have to wear out the other teams when we have the ball. We could not do that against Rutgers because they were bigger and stronger. We could not play smashmouth football with them last night. That  will change if CWT has his way. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

This.  It was rather obvious to anyone watching the game.