• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why I didn't even watch the football game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  453
  • Days Won:  1

We went to the basketball game. The atmosphere was electric even though it was almost entirely the student section. I'm not even mad about the football teams loss because I knew they were gonna lose. They suck. But the basketball team doesn't lose every game. We need more people to come to the games. I think everyone should worry less about football failures and just support the basketball team.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,998
  • Days Won:  12

Glad you were there. Amazing finish. I expect big things from this bball team.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

We beat a bad Alabama team. Lets not start pumping up a pretty limp basketball squad so we can all start slamming the coach when our inflated expectations don't touch reality.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436
  • Days Won:  0

We beat a bad Alabama team. Lets not start pumping up a pretty limp basketball squad so we can all start slamming the coach when our inflated expectations don't touch reality.

Of course expectations should remain low. But, I think we should be excited about the win. In athletics, Alabama is Alabama-even outside of football. And, we emotionally need to feel good about something in our sports.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

We should all repeat the following after each win:

I will not get sucked in. I will not get sucked.

We should have all learned that lesson following the Detroit game.

That being said, I like the heart and no quit attitude shown the last couple of games.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,431
  • Days Won:  43

I love going to the games in hoops. To me I like it better than football because there is a better post season. However, USF will have to win and win and win for hoops. Look at how hard it is for UF to get fans to show up even after they won titles,.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  111
  • Days Won:  0

We should all repeat the following after each win:

I will not get sucked in. I will not get sucked.

We should have all learned that lesson following the Detroit game.

That being said, I like the heart and no quit attitude shown the last couple of games.

this.

we still don't know if Detroit game was a fluke or if we just have been lucky over very bad/mediocre teams so far this year. we should know more in a few weeks.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just glad to hear the b-ball team won.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

Bama is not a bad team ... We don't really know what type squad we have yet ... but you did get the part about inflated expectations correct, though.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  453
  • Days Won:  1

I can't say I have any expectations for the basketball team. I did last night though, I expected them to be Bama because I knew we had more reason to want the win. It was a back and forth battle the entire game, and I think the crowd had a lot to do with our win. The student section had more than the rest of the sun dome combined though.