• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

why can't taggart get the penalties corrected.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

After 12 games it's no longer on the players. It's on the coaches and in particular the head coach. Why is baggage incapable of getting this corrected. He's failed in this area. Why. 

Taggart not baggage. Stupid spell check. 

I thought this was some clever comment on his abilities, like he was maybe nothing but baggage on the bus.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Discipline them by benching them? Sean price had a dozen holds this year. Take him out and go to whom? Same thing with Darrel Williams and Q Eatmon. Bench them and go to whom? When White fumbles another snap or snaps it before his guys are set, who do they to to? It's the same handful of numbskulls, but we are so thin that there are some limitations on what the staff can do.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Discipline them by benching them? Sean price had a dozen holds this year. Take him out and go to whom? Same thing with Darrel Williams and Q Eatmon. Bench them and go to whom? When White fumbles another snap or snaps it before his guys are set, who do they to to? It's the same handful of numbskulls, but we are so thin that there are some limitations on what the staff can do.

Some form of negative reinforcement at the beginning of the week at practice would be a good start, if it hasn't been going on already ... 

In most parts of life, if you screw up at your job often, there is some form of negative consequence that follows.  

Just throwing that out there, from my couch and laptop, 7 hours away and not knowing if it's already happening within the team ... 

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Sheer incompetence.  This is what happens when you hire a Sun Belt coach who had nothing better than a 7-5 record and assembled a staff mainly from the D-IAA level coaching ranks.

Edited by hightechbull

Also we finished with 102 penalties on the season. Baylor has 103.

Shear incompetence.  

I lol'd.  

Discipline them by benching them? Sean price had a dozen holds this year. Take him out and go to whom? Same thing with Darrel Williams and Q Eatmon. Bench them and go to whom? When White fumbles another snap or snaps it before his guys are set, who dothey to to? It's the same handful of numbskulls, but we are so thin that there are some limitations on what the staff can do.

Some form of negative reinforcement at the beginning of the week at practice would be a good start, if it hasn't been going on already ... 

In most parts of life, if you screw up at your job often, there is some form of negative consequence that follows.  

Just throwing that out there, from my couch and laptop, 7 hours away and not knowing if it's already happening within the team ...

From what I hear that has been happening. However, the biggest deal is playing time. That catches attention like nothing else.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

CWT has about two more years of using the excuse of not having his players. If we dont see improvements on the field then he is gone. 

Discipline them by benching them? Sean price had a dozen holds this year. Take him out and go to whom? Same thing with Darrel Williams and Q Eatmon. Bench them and go to whom? When White fumbles another snap or snaps it before his guys are set, who dothey to to? It's the same handful of numbskulls, but we are so thin that there are some limitations on what the staff can do.

From what I hear that has been happening. However, the biggest deal is playing time. That catches attention like nothing else.

I would definitely agree, but as you said, we are thin in many areas, so that is not an option with some positions.  

Gonna have to get creative in discipline - something has to register at some point between the ears.  

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I put the illegal procedures and illegal shifts on the coaching staff. They get play calls in so slow that White panics to get the snap off before everyone is set. I think that gets cleaned up with experience.

Most of the holding calls are lack of talent. If you are getting blown away at the line if scrimmage you reach because you are out of position. If talent improves that will get cleaned up if talent or performance improves. If not then it won't.

It is the dumb ones like a few of Sager's personal fouls and Lynch's offsides where discipline is necessary and we have seen Taggart pull them both out.