• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Which loss was worse?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

The "Jim" for sure.  As much as I admire LRS, and it was awesome having him as a figurehead here at USF, I really don't see a whole lot being different had he still been here.  But, if CJL was still here, I highly highly highly doubt we would have had to live through anything as bad as these past two seasons have been (well, really the past 3 seasons). 

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

The "Jim" for sure.  As much as I admire LRS, and it was awesome having him as a figurehead here at USF, I really don't see a whole lot being different had he still been here.  But, if CJL was still here, I highly highly highly doubt we would have had to live through anything as bad as these past two seasons have been (well, really the past 3 seasons). 

LRS influence was directly responsible for our BigEast inclusion imo.  I think his contribution to our athletics programs came with the credibility of his name, who knows where we could have landed...

Edited by ZeroBullChip

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Meh, Jimmy always seemed to choke the middle of the season away. It was time for a change. Now the way the change went down, total BS. I personally like an emotional coach like CJL. I like the Bobby Knight kind of coach. Some people think you shouldn't yell at players or get in their face, I'm more old school.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Vote for LRS by a hair.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,415
  • Days Won:  43

USF actually had the choice to get rid of Leavitt so I believe that is the worse. LRS had heatlh issues that forced him to resign as our AD. USF didnt have control over that as it was very tragic. LRS still remained with USF in a lessor role in the fundraising which was great for USF. Very sad times to lose him. It is pretty erie that USF has never been the same since that win up at Notre Dame, We went down hill after that game and it was during the time that we lost LRS. So I would say losing both hurts.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,990
  • Days Won:  12

LRS hands down. Offered great support and great management.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Mr. Selmon died and Coach Leavitt moved on to another employer. This is everything that is wrong with this board. Again, for those who have their priorities confused. Mr. Selmon died and Coach Leavitt changed employers.

Depending on your beliefs, they are both working for different employers now.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

I want to disagree with the reply that called LRS a figurehead. That term implies things that just simply aren't true.

Being around LRS made everyone a better person. You always wanted to be your best because he was such an inspiring person and the thought of being anything less than your best would be letting him down.

I still am in awe of the demands placed on LRS's time, everyone wanted a piece of it and I am equally still in awe of the way LRS freely gave of his time to everyone.

Talking about the impact of the loss of LRS on USF is such a small picture issue. The bigger picture should consider the impact of losing Mr Selmon on the world.  Everything he meant to us, he also meant to the Bucs, Oklahoma University, the Tampa Bay region, the state of Oklahoma, those who worked with him in the banking industry and those who worked in his chain of restaurants (and their partnership with Outback).