• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

how does our ad keep his job?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I dunno, my environment was different. I knew lots of non-teenagers that were pissed at the 2011 season. I mean, all the "fire Skip" threads & sites cranked up in Sept/Oct 2012--that doesn't happen with only 5 or so poor games...had to extend into previous season. Anyway, all I'm saying is I think it was the only questionable decision from AW, and even that is obviously debatable as a bad decision.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I am not really sure about this, but I would have to think that when it comes to a deal such as we gave Skip, that Woolard doesn't sign off on it on his own.

The extension doesn't happen without Woolard's suggestion and endorsement, but isn't there a process that involves Genshaft and maybe some board of trustees?

I can't imagine at a public institution there isn't some type of oversight rather than just one person.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Distribute the responsibilty so that no one person is accountable for the decision? :)

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

In addition to the extension for skip was the fact that Doug also renewed with the university. Skip's new contract had some additional bonuses which were not there previously and doug's new contract gave him a matching bonus to anything achieved by skip, among others. Worried that skip would leave or setting up for a big payday? Voodoo5 had a couple articles about it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I dunno, my environment was different. I knew lots of non-teenagers that were pissed at the 2011 season. I mean, all the "fire Skip" threads & sites cranked up in Sept/Oct 2012--that doesn't happen with only 5 or so poor games...had to extend into previous season. Anyway, all I'm saying is I think it was the only questionable decision from AW, and even that is obviously debatable as a bad decision.

To me, his decision on who we played to open the new, improved Dome was worse ....  B)

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I was at the Notre Dame game as were many of you. It felt great despite the weather problems. After watching it on video, I tend to agree with the ND fan sitting behind me. Outside of one solid scoring drive, we thrived on ND's errors. In his words they "gave us the game". In my words they played badly enough to lose. We got very lucky. They moved the ball on us at will. Their turnovers were the difference.

Just like the UCF game (same score), we just couldnt capitalize as well this time around. Should have beaten UCF by double digits. Notre Dame game should have yielded the same result. 

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I am not really sure about this, but I would have to think that when it comes to a deal such as we gave Skip, that Woolard doesn't sign off on it on his own.

The extension doesn't happen without Woolard's suggestion and endorsement, but isn't there a process that involves Genshaft and maybe some board of trustees?

I can't imagine at a public institution there isn't some type of oversight rather than just one person.

I have no idea... but honestly I hope Judy spends about 2 brain cycles per week thinking about football and athletics.  There is really no reason the president of a university our size should be bothered to think about something as trivial as football.  The fact our AD recommended an extension for a guy after the season Skip had and the overall trajectory -- simply inexcusable.  Not even an ounce of hindsight here - most folks were up in arms when it happened.  The fact he hasn't since been fired likely does fall on Judy, but the extension is 110% on Doug.

Of course that isn't even the #1 reason to fire him -- the #1 reason to fire him is our athletics office is roughly on par with a good high school booster club in execution.  He has a decent budget and a large enough staff, but is ineffective.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I was at the Notre Dame game as were many of you. It felt great despite the weather problems. After watching it on video, I tend to agree with the ND fan sitting behind me. Outside of one solid scoring drive, we thrived on ND's errors. In his words they "gave us the game". In my words they played badly enough to lose. We got very lucky. They moved the ball on us at will. Their turnovers were the difference.

Just like the UCF game (same score), we just couldnt capitalize as well this time around. Should have beaten UCF by double digits. Notre Dame game should have yielded the same result. 

More evidence -- Skip >> Willie

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

More evidence -- Skip >> Willie

:facepalm:

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Doug, Judy bad!

There this entire thread down to one sentence.