• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'd like to thank the students ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Only true local die-hards, for the most part, are left.  Thanks, guys.  

Count me as one.  At least we now know the nadir of the hard core USF fanbase is about 14K.

I will be renewing my tickets for next year as long as nothing changes financially for me.

Not because I like the product on the field but because USF is my alma mater and when it finally turns around, it will feel much better knowing I was still there at rock bottom.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Count me as one.  At least we now know the nadir of the hard core USF fanbase is about 14K.

I will be renewing my tickets for next year as long as nothing changes financially for me.

Not because I like the product on the field but because USF is my alma mater and when it finally turns around, it will feel much better knowing I was still there at rock bottom.

Nice word; Nadir. Had to look it up. Fits well.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

Sad and true,  Sat thru this game( as I have ALL games this year and will the next 2 weeks) but found it difficult to stay to the end. Not only the students but the fan base in general is quitting in droves. Attendance continues to drop like flies.  Everyone I spoke tonight about Fridays game said they were not going, (basically eating the tickets).  Ill be there , hoping others will show as well.(Don't want to be there alone with the band and a handful of other Bulls fans)(safety in numbers) LOL.UCF is going to rip us a new ***** and pay us back for years of abuse.

This is the most undisciplined team I think I've ever seen play in my life.   Coach T has his work cut out for him. Initially I think it would be fair to say he has 3 years to right the ship, Now Im thinking Next year is a make or break year for him. (hope he gets it fixed).

I don't get your logic--- you clearly understood that this was going to be a tough year and were ready to weather the storm at the start of the season. Now something has changed your mind to say basically that Taggart only gets one more year and has to right the ship in under two years or he's gone?

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Sad and true,  Sat thru this game( as I have ALL games this year and will the next 2 weeks) but found it difficult to stay to the end. Not only the students but the fan base in general is quitting in droves. Attendance continues to drop like flies.  Everyone I spoke tonight about Fridays game said they were not going, (basically eating the tickets).  Ill be there , hoping others will show as well.(Don't want to be there alone with the band and a handful of other Bulls fans)(safety in numbers) LOL.UCF is going to rip us a new ***** and pay us back for years of abuse.

This is the most undisciplined team I think I've ever seen play in my life.   Coach T has his work cut out for him. Initially I think it would be fair to say he has 3 years to right the ship, Now Im thinking Next year is a make or break year for him. (hope he gets it fixed).

I don't get your logic--- you clearly understood that this was going to be a tough year and were ready to weather the storm at the start of the season. Now something has changed your mind to say basically that Taggart only gets one more year and has to right the ship in under two years or he's gone?

One response to buttress the logic:  6:39 left in game, 1st and goal from the 2 yard line, three penalties and a timeout and two minutes later White has to force the ball in even to expect a score.  Coaching put him in that situation and those two minutes are a microcosm of this season.  Taggart makes Skippy Holtz look like the Stephen Hawking of college football.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

They closed the concession stands in the third quarter last game if that tells you how many people are actually there or staying. By the end of the game there we only about 1,000 of us left

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

In fairness to Coach T not all the penalties were penalties last night. The Pass INT in the 2nd half was clearly an uncatchable ball thrown out of bounds into the USF bench.  Shouldn't had been called.  We need to cut the penalties out.

The 1st and goal penalties were a repeat (similar to  last weeks 1st and goal and hand the ball off to the Offensive linemen(fumble) this time it was  3 penalties).  End result 0 points in both situations.

So apparently we are not spending as much time in Goal line situations as coach is telling us or he isn't getting the players ready for that situation. Coach gets paid to make sure these things don't happen.

Not seeing progress here,   We only expect progress, 

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I think there is a difference between expecting a tough year and the calamity that this year has been.  This team looks FAR worse than any Skip Holtz team ever looked -- and that is saying a lot.  We certain can hypothesize that it is because of poor recruiting or the wrong type of players or learning a new system -- but this season has well underachieved even the most liberal of expectations.

I think he has to show significant progress and stability in the program next year.  We don't have to win the conference or anything but we need to be bowling or very close, otherwise I think it is time to move on.  I also think you fire the AD first -- but then again I think that area has under performed since before Leavitt was hired!

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Nice word; Nadir. Had to look it up. Fits well.

We may not have reached our Nadir- after all next year we could bee winless and have less fans

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,073
  • Days Won:  469

I call BS, there's no way that in 12 students we had a Kelly and a Kellie.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

I call BS, there's no way that in 12 students we had a Kelly and a Kellie.

Kellie is a dude.