• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

What disturbed me was the attitude of CWT during the second half.  He preaches having confidence, keep working until the final whistle, etc.  He talks about being frustrated about players giving up on the game.

Then we see him rolling his eyes and walking around the sidelines with his head down.

Was he wearing headphones?

Huh?

You often see coaches on the sidelines, head down, focused on talking/listening ...

He had his head down in exasperation, while shaking his head.  I would say he was calling in a play to White, but the offense was running off the field at the time.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

What disturbed me was the attitude of CWT during the second half.  He preaches having confidence, keep working until the final whistle, etc.  He talks about being frustrated about players giving up on the game.

Then we see him rolling his eyes and walking around the sidelines with his head down.

Huh?

You often see coaches on the sidelines, head down, focused on talking/listening ...

He had his head down in exasperation, while shaking his head.  I would say he was calling in a play to White, but the offense was running off the field at the time.

Time of the game?

Huh?

Time of the game?

Right after the Lawrence fumble.  Way to be a positive role model and show the team not to get frustrated.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Huh?

The man is allowed to show disappointment. Would we rather have Skip Holtz out there just smile and say hey guys way to COMPETE! He has the passion and I think he's said and done the correct things on the field and off the field. If you want to question his actual coaching (Xs & O's, scheme, game planning) I'm with you but saying he had his head down at one point is not worthy of criticism. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

One thing you have to realize about ShadowBull is that many times, he takes the most counterintuitive side of the discussion and argues the hell out of it.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Huh?

Time of the game?

Right after the Lawrence fumble.  Way to be a positive role model and show the team not to get frustrated.

Thanks. I'll see if I can take a look and see what it really looked like .... but honestly, you're going to have very few, if any, coaches that aren't going to show some negative reaction at that deflating occurrence. Even the best ....

spurrier1.jpg

One thing you have to realize about ShadowBull is that many times, he takes the most counterintuitive side of the discussion and argues the hell out of it.  

It's rather boring to take the intuitive side of an argument and argue the hell out of it.

Not at one point, but consistently.  I didn't see him pumping people up, or getting in their face much.  Mostly, he was as dejected as the players.

Let's see some energy out there, and not a defeatist attitude.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Not at one point, but consistently.  I didn't see him pumping people up, or getting in their face much.  Mostly, he was as dejected as the players.

I didn't see a defeatist attitude, just human frustration about what you're trying to get done vs what's actually being done. I want to see him keeping their heads up too, but I can't fault the dude for being exasperated. I was pretty upset too, but my job isn't affected by their execution.

I didn't see a defeatist attitude, just human frustration about what you're trying to get done vs what's actually being done. I want to see him keeping their heads up too, but I can't fault the dude for being exasperated. I was pretty upset too, but my job isn't affected by their execution.

He's getting paid over $1 million per year to not get exasperated.  He gave up on the game, and the team followed suit.