• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official TBP in game thread: #USFBulls vs Bowling Green

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Unfortunately I missed the game being out to lunch and drinking. So glad this team won on the road. Any win away from home is a confidence builder and shows that we might have something special brewing this season. I was worried hat we might lose being on the road early in he season with newcomers and AC just getting back.

I saw few mentions of how Allen and AC looked together. Can someone tell me if AC had trouble pushing the ball until Allen joined him? I would think even though Collins is quick he hasn't played a game where USF gets up and down the floor yet. Also what was the best combination of players you all saw tonight.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Best combo for me was AC, Allen, Egbunu, VR, Aleem. They defended rebounded and pushed the ball.

Perry doesn't seem comfortable yet with big John on the court.

Allen AC backcourt will cause problems on both ends.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

Best combo for me was AC, Allen, Egbunu, VR, Aleem. They defended rebounded and pushed the ball.

Aleem? you're joking right? lol

Aleem: 20 minutes, 1-5 FG, 0-4 3 pointers, 2 points....he doesn't contribute enough on the offensive end to be in the game. He needs to work on his 3 pointer if he wants minutes. His 4 rebounds aren't enough to be on the floor.

Edited by USFBulls12

In that combo Aleem played good D rebounded and was a "floor stretcher" on offense. He needs to play better but that combination had good spacing, ball movement, defense, and rebounding.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Best combo for me was AC, Allen, Egbunu, VR, Aleem. Brock. They defended rebounded and pushed the ball.

IMO Brock played better than Aleem in that line up, but he did have a couple of sloppy passes that led to TOs.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Unfortunately I missed the game being out to lunch and drinking. So glad this team won on the road. Any win away from home is a confidence builder and shows that we might have something special brewing this season. I was worried hat we might lose being on the road early in he season with newcomers and AC just getting back.

I saw few mentions of how Allen and AC looked together. Can someone tell me if AC had trouble pushing the ball until Allen joined him? I would think even though Collins is quick he hasn't played a game where USF gets up and down the floor yet. Also what was the best combination of players you all saw tonight.

AC found Egbunu under-guarded under the hoop late in transition a couple of times, kind of a delayed break. When they could get TOs, AC found Allen at the rim ahead of everyone a couple times. It was beautiful.

AC was rusty. He was late a few times on the pick and roll

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

What would be our best lineup?

Here's my thinking on this:

AC is the key. And with Allen on the floor, it's like having two ACs, I like that. But are we risking tiring out both players doing that?

As for the bigs, I'm okay with Perry or Egbunu starting but not both.

Brock has to be on the floor, I think.

Rud, I think our season depends on him doing well. He goes to sleep and we don't have enough scoring when we run into good teams.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

Was at the game sitting in the front row behind the bench. While I understand the desire to find a "best" lineup, what was very telling to me last night is that we are 9-10 men deep! Heath has a luxury few Bulls teams have ever had.  He can find the best lineup for the evening against an opponent and either counter them or change the tempo.  This team could develop into something special.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

I hear people mention they are afraid of AC and Allen on the court at once due to fatigue reasons. A healthy AC is probably playing 95-100% of the game (foul trouble aside). I'm curious as to his average mins per game last year. I'm not concerned about either player tiring out to badly.