• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I ALWAYS KNEW IT

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Brett's a good guy if you truly get to know him - I spoke with him a couple months ago and have also communicated with Coach Leavitt with Steve O'Neal's passing. Part of Brett's job is reporting the news, good and bad. There were many things Brett didn't report that could have caused problems for USF early on. Leavitt's situation was too far over the line not to report it when things went down. Either way, both Coach Leavitt and Brett McMurphy are doing well since their dust up. What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger I suppose.

We need to move on from the situation and realize Coach Taggart is the man with the new plan for our program. As a former player, he's really instituted some concepts that promote the current player as well as former players (both on and off the field). It's a refreshing change to say the least. Leavitt had a ton of merit getting the program to where he did. I'll admit I was even a fool/ass to calling him out over little things over the years when I should have looked closer at the big picture - and many of you pointed that out for me. Hey, you get wiser as you get older - I was definitely a dumbass in my college years (and sometimes I still am). Let's move on... Imagine if the Knaggits wallowed in self pity over all the beatings they've taken from us over the years. They wouldn't be licking their chops now hoping to return some revenge - although me thinks we're going to deliver the same ole' raping to them this year in that tin can stadium. You gotta BULLIEVE!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Cheers, Sheriff

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

There is no reason to forgive Brett or his co-conspirators/moles.

I'm sure several in that camp would like to move on considering the mess left behind.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

Woops

Who is giving the weasal a hard time?

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Days Won:  0

There is no reason to forgive Brett or his co-conspirators/moles.

I'm sure several in that camp would like to move on considering the mess left behind.

Exactly. Of course Brett's going to be a 'nice guy' and try to befriend players and staff in the program so he can obtain better access to information. The problem is players and staff who did bite often realize it after it's too late. Think of it this way: A reporter may be your 'friend', but always know that his best friend is a good story.

After Leavitt made the foolish mistake to completely shun Brett, Brett made it personal and went out of his way to find dirt. Unfortunately, Leavitt gave him the perfect opportunity in the end.

Nonetheless, great overall post by Sheriff. You're right. The past is the past and we've got a bright future ahead of us.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

he was at one time the most powerful man in the building until he was thrown out of the building

brett is a good guy and has  street cred

• Topic Count:  2,335
  • Content Count:  21,333
  • Days Won:  10

he was at one time the most powerful man in the building until he was thrown out of the building

but lied right?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

but lied right?

Street cred means liar ...