• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach T deflects critism of Eveld==White's not ready

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

On a side note I have been reading the board since our first days in conference USA...always forget my password which is why I rarely post. Made the extra effort b/c of the current climate surrounding USF and want to inject more reason to the board  :lmao:   

Have to say I am happy with the overall level of discussion on this topic...Since I moved from FL want to keep in touch with some of my fellow classmates from ENG spanning '03-'10, tailgaters, friends, etc. (Marty from Bradenton, Jason my Tampa bay fishing buddy, Mike remember the Auburn trip)...  its Javi.

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

No point in "saving" a redshirt if you arse is burned in a couple of years...

You make this sound as if it's a given that he'll be gone after a couple years.

IMO, we have got to stop making assumptions like that, or like the assumption that burning White's redshirt is going to solve all our woes. It's just so funny how so many of us assume an unknown, untested QB just out of high school is automatically the answer just because he hasn't had a chance to instantly be amazing (or fail).

Roll with Bench first and then Eveld the rest of the way, hope we can get another solid QB recruit in the offseason and throw White into the mix next year to see what happens.

Exactly. UConn just started a true frosh QB, how'd that go?

UConn is running pretty much the same offense they ran last year so it can be easier for a fresh QB to come in and play. USF on the other hand is installing a new offense and all the elements are not geared for this style of offense. 

It is amazing how far Matt Floyd has fallen off the wagon. I wonder who would have come off the bench if Eveld got injured?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Before you burn White's redshirt, why not go with Tommy Eveld, or even back to Floyd again?  The season is half over, so why burn a red shirt for 6 games?  White is not getting in the game unless Bench, both Evelds and Floyd are injured and cannot play.

Here is a major reason why we need Bench back in as QB.  He is the only QB who has scored any touch downs against D1 opponents.  The defense cannot keep bailing this team out.

Miami burned stephen morris' redshirt with 6 games left. UofL burned teddy bridgewater's red shirt well into his true freshman season as well. it's not unheard of.

True, but neither of those teams were in complete disarray like USF.

Besides, Bench was brought in specifically to compete for the starting QB job.

Bench was like choice 3 between FSU transfer and Arkansas transfer. He is not really a fit for this offense. he played in an option running offense in high school. his last year he transfered and played in a pass heavy offense where he threw for 11 TDs. I think we need someone more like white who ran something closer to this style of offense. 20+ passing TDs and a state title his last year.

louisville started 2-4  the year Bridgewater played as a true freshman.

The Taggart offense is an offense that expects the QB to be mobile.  See Kaepernick, Collin.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Before you burn White's redshirt, why not go with Tommy Eveld, or even back to Floyd again?  The season is half over, so why burn a red shirt for 6 games?  White is not getting in the game unless Bench, both Evelds and Floyd are injured and cannot play.

Here is a major reason why we need Bench back in as QB.  He is the only QB who has scored any touch downs against D1 opponents.  The defense cannot keep bailing this team out.

Miami burned stephen morris' redshirt with 6 games left. UofL burned teddy bridgewater's red shirt well into his true freshman season as well. it's not unheard of.

Bench was like choice 3 between FSU transfer and Arkansas transfer. He is not really a fit for this offense. he played in an option running offense in high school. his last year he transfered and played in a pass heavy offense where he threw for 11 TDs. I think we need someone more like white who ran something closer to this style of offense. 20+ passing TDs and a state title his last year.

The Taggart offense is an offense that expects the QB to be mobile.  See Kaepernick, Collin.

no it's not. see andrew luck. he averaged less than 4 carries per game.

his QB last year at western kentucky averaged 4.5 yards per GAME and was the 6th leading rusher.

Bench had 11 TD passes his senior year in high school. in a pass heavy offense. before that he ran the option.

his QB last year at western kentucky averaged 4.5 yards per GAME and was the 6th leading rusher.

Bench had 11 TD passes his senior year in high school. in a pass heavy offense. before that he ran the option.

Taggart has stated that his QB should run for at least two first downs each game.

Taggart has stated that his QB should run for at least two first downs each game.

His QB last year ran for 58 total yards.

a run first QB who played option football for the majority of his high school career does not fit his offense.

BTW Bench has -14 yards rushing on the year.

Edited by Bull94

a run first QB who played option football for the majority of his high school career does not fit his offense.

So you have "proven" that Bench doesn't fit this offense because you have "proven" that CWT does not use a run first QB in his offense and you have also "proven" that Bench isn't a run first QB.

Congratulations, I think.

BTW I think he'd be happier if his QB could pass for 2 first downs a game.

So you have "proven" that Bench doesn't fit this offense because you have "proven" that CWT does not use a run first QB in his offense and you have also "proven" that Bench isn't a run first QB.

Congratulations, I think.

not sure of your point there.

bench ran the option in high school until his senior year when he transfered. he then had 11 pass ing TDs and 9 rushing TDs in a pass heavy offense.

it's obvious that Taggart wants a pass first QB.

he's not a fit. go ahead and argue otherwise but his 42% completion percentage and 81 passing yards per game suggest differently.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

CWT recruited him as a transfer.