• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls will get their first win this week

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  59
  • Days Won:  0

Bauskid,

Of all of us regulars on the late, great tampabay.com blog (Is anybody posting there anymore?), you were the most realistic, predicting a record of 4-8.  I thought that we would go 5-7.  No way we beat Cinci and will probably lose to UConn also.  Never the less, I am heading up there to root the Bulls on!  This is, by far, the worst USF football team in its history and let's not put the entire blame on Holtz.  Maybe we win two games this season at the most.  'Not impressed with Taggart thus far.  It was never even close to this bad under Skip and that's a scarey thought in and of itself!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Ragin,

It's a real shame what's going on with the news industry these days and the bleed over on the Times is just awful.  Love my hometown paper and I hate to see it in the shape it's in today.  I just refuse to pay for content.  I hate the paywall, but many content oriented sites are going to it. 

I was in Tampa this weekend for the Miami game.  Simply put, they (Miami) are just far better than us at virtually every position.  While they smoked us I did see some positives and some concerns that you can't see on television.  Run blocking remains the OLs strength and Shaw makes very good decisions with the ball in his hand.  Our receivers cannot get any separation on their routes.  Add that to the poor pass blocking and Peyton Manning would not be successful as our QB. Same story as last year, but BJ was wildly athletic and could extend plays.

Our next two games are against teams that are on par with our level of talent.  I'm on the fence about the trip to UConn.  My oldest daughter is a real fan and would love to go for the weekend.  We'll see.  If so, I'll treat you and Jup. to a beer or two. 

Better times are ahead for USF football and CWT is the right guy to lead us.  You'll need to give him until year 3 to see return on investment (games won). 

As for my 4 and 8 prediction I try my best to work from a point of limited emotion.  It's tough to do as I love my Bulls.  Going to be some more tough ones to sit through this year (UL, UCF and RU). 

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  59

'Hope you make it up to UConn, Bauskid.  'Looking forward to meeting Jup and hopefully you too.  As you probably know, RU is my #2 team and I was there to witness that great comeback against Arkansas.

This 2013 version of the Scarlett Knights never quits.  What intensity! I don't see them losing more that three games this season.  I wish the same could have been said about our Bulls, but Holtz didn't exactly leave the cupboard full!  One of my biggest worries for USF football is whether or not Taggart can convince quality recruits to come to Tampa if this current season continues down the path that it is currently on.  I really want him to succeed and hope there will be at least some progress this season and lots more next.  On a positive note, Shaw looks like a stud, especially considering the offensive line he is working behind. At least there is one bright spot and hopefully more to come!

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  111

Sat., Aug. 31 vs. Purdue media-icon-tv.gif Cincinnati, Ohio W, 42-7 Sat., Sep. 7 at Illinois media-icon-tv.gif Champaign, Ill. L, 45-17 Sat., Sep. 14 vs. Northwestern State media-icon-tv.gif Cincinnati, Ohio W, 66-9 Sat., Sep. 21 at Miami (Ohio) media-icon-tv.gif Oxford, Ohio W, 14-0

Ummmm... We can't even beat FAU? How do you figure we are going to beat a bearcat team putting up these numbers?

Their starting QB is out. Their offense looked bad with the new QB in the Miami (OH) game (was 0-0 well into the 4th quarter).

I do agree with Bausfkid, we win the next 2.

The "starting qb" that is out (Munchie Legaux) was pulled last year because he wasn't playing that well... his replacement, (UC's current QB, Brendon Kay) went 5-1 after he took over. and UC typically struggles at Miami, it's an old passionate rivalry and crazy things happen, the last game at Miami was another relatively low scoring (20s) to 0 shutout for UC. Kay and Legaux came into the season as "co-starters", however, Kay was injured during summer practice, so Legaux got the most reps and therefore actually started the games. so though Kay was technically listed as the "backup", he's got more in game experience than Legaux actually had. 

Edited by CincyBull

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i have bulls +25

i feel pretty good

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

I just dont see a win coming any time soon. We are not even close. Guys, we are about dead last in every offensive category. Im looking for just an indication that we move from 123 to 110 before saying the w word.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

I don't think we'll beat Cinci.

My first two predicted wins (McNSU & FAU) didn't pan out.

So now I'm down to Memphis & SMU. 

Although......maybe....we might beat Uconn.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

I'd love to see a win sometime this year.  My expectations are so low now, its more like:

Can we get a first game with no turnovers this week?

Can we not give up a defensive TD this week?

Can we not get blown-out this week?

Can we still be in the game in the 4th quarter this week?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

I'd love to see a win sometime this year.  My expectations are so low now, its more like:

Can we get a first game with no turnovers this week?

Can we not give up a defensive TD this week?

Can we not get blown-out this week?

Can we still be in the game in the 4th quarter this week?

IF and I do mean IF we can get the first two, we will get the last two.

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

>> We will finish 4 and 8 this year.

Wow... I don't know what you've seen this year to make you say that, but I missed it.