• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Death of a true USF Bulls Super Fan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Still hoping someone can get me Bonnie's number. I have Steve's cell number in my old Blackberry, but the darn thing won't power up. I have the player waiting to pass her number on to Coach Leavitt. .

Coach Leavitt's direct response: "So sad. He loved the bulls. Please tell his family I am so sorry."

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I know underarmour has rights, but it would be awesome if CWT surprised us and wore the dickies shirt on Saturday.

Thanks guys for the quick response... The phone number will be delivered back to Coach Leavitt.

From Coach Leavitt via text (thanks Jupiter Bull for passing Steve's number my way - my old Blackberry is beyond recovery and you allowed Coach to get his message to the O'Neal's): 

Bonnie. I heard about Steve. I am very very sorry. I really enjoyed him and he loved the Bulls. We play the Rams tomorrow night and I received many texts asking me if I had heard. It just shows how many people respected Steve and cared for him. I know it is very difficult for you and family right now. Just know how many people really do care a great deal. Again. So sorry. Jim Leavitt. 

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I received the news of Steve's passing with total shock and dismay. I truly enjoyed interacting with Steve on Greg's blog over the past few years. He was always witty, insightful, and enlightening. My heart goes out to Mrs. O'Neal and her children. I hope they know Steve was loved by us all and made our lives much more interesting. God bless, Steve; USF football will not be the same without you.

JT, we were talking about you & Turd Ferguson at the FAU game, and saying it would be cool to clink beers someday (ok, I was trying to convince him on Turd, but that's another story!!).  He gave it & took it all in stride on GA's blog, and sometimes we had to dial him down a bit (man, that Burger King story took on a life on it's own!).

I am CA this week, and can't make it to the Miami game, but I'm hoping to catch a game later this year and hoist a beer in Steve O's honor with his family, and maybe BullMark and anyone else who wants to gather.

I'm hoping to see some of you at the UConn game in CT in a few weeks. 

It's been a tough few months to be a Bulls fan:  Auman leaves, his blog becomes a pay site (and is now a ghost town, sadly), our Bulls are flailing with no end in sight and now Steve O (one of the program's staunchest supportors) has passed.  But...we remain fans, recall the past fondly and look forward to better days ahead.

GO BULLS!

Let's get together at the L'ville game.  Jupe you remember how to find me in 6D don't you?  Tallest flag pole with a USF flag above a Jolly Roger, can't miss me.  We'll be able to toss down a couple with some Que and commiserate about Steve's passing.  I hope to see you and as many others who might want to swing by, we'll accommodate all who show.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

From Coach Leavitt via text (thanks Jupiter Bull for passing Steve's number my way - my old Blackberry is beyond recovery and you allowed Coach to get his message to the O'Neal's): 

Bonnie. I heard about Steve. I am very very sorry. I really enjoyed him and he loved the Bulls. We play the Rams tomorrow night and I received many texts asking me if I had heard. It just shows how many people respected Steve and cared for him. I know it is very difficult for you and family right now. Just know how many people really do care a great deal. Again. So sorry. Jim Leavitt. 

CJL is a class act. Love that man and love how he remembers the good things in everyone.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I received the news of Steve's passing with total shock and dismay. I truly enjoyed interacting with Steve on Greg's blog over the past few years. He was always witty, insightful, and enlightening. My heart goes out to Mrs. O'Neal and her children. I hope they know Steve was loved by us all and made our lives much more interesting. God bless, Steve; USF football will not be the same without you.

JT, we were talking about you & Turd Ferguson at the FAU game, and saying it would be cool to clink beers someday (ok, I was trying to convince him on Turd, but that's another story!!).  He gave it & took it all in stride on GA's blog, and sometimes we had to dial him down a bit (man, that Burger King story took on a life on it's own!).

I am CA this week, and can't make it to the Miami game, but I'm hoping to catch a game later this year and hoist a beer in Steve O's honor with his family, and maybe BullMark and anyone else who wants to gather.

I'm hoping to see some of you at the UConn game in CT in a few weeks. 

It's been a tough few months to be a Bulls fan:  Auman leaves, his blog becomes a pay site (and is now a ghost town, sadly), our Bulls are flailing with no end in sight and now Steve O (one of the program's staunchest supportors) has passed.  But...we remain fans, recall the past fondly and look forward to better days ahead.

GO BULLS!

Let's get together at the L'ville game.  Jupe you remember how to find me in 6D don't you?  Tallest flag pole with a USF flag above a Jolly Roger, can't miss me.  We'll be able to toss down a couple with some Que and commiserate about Steve's passing.  I hope to see you and as many others who might want to swing by, we'll accommodate all who show.

BullMark, not sure I'd make the Lville game, but should be able to make one of the November games (SMU or Memphis).  Lots of travelling lately, mostly business, but it's making planning to attend games a challenge.  But I'll reach out to you once I can commit to a game.  You can always reach me at jupiterbull@comcast.net, too.

CJL is a class act. Love that man and love how he remembers the good things in everyone.

Steve told me of the early days, when he'd come to the USF practices to watch, and Leavitt would sometimes walk over and "talk shop".  Loved that he was so accessible and open, as well as passionate about the Bulls.

I only saw Leavitt once.  We were staying at the same hotel before the FSU game, and we just exchanged good mornings, and I said "Go get 'em coach", and he just smiled.  I had the strangest sense come over me..."He really thinks we can win this game.  He may even KNOW we're going to win".  Then, one of our best days unfolded, before the hushed Noles nation.

• Upvote 1

I know underarmour has rights, but it would be awesome if CWT surprised us and wore the dickies shirt on Saturday.

I have a cool pic to share, but am not smart enough to know how to paste or attach a jpg. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

I have a cool pic to share, but am not smart enough to know how to paste or attach a jpg. 

Not sure if this is the picture you were referring to or not.

BVGQ2xhCEAAFRDI.jpg

Courtesy of Jim Louk from our All-Staff meeting today.