• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

We held MSU to 7 pts on offense

ND gave up 13

Yes, I'm reaching, but the negativity is off the charts lately; thought I'd drop a little love

We also gave up 44 to McNeese State.

44 what? Our defense didn't give up 44 points to McNeese.

3 Rushing TDs

2 Passing TDs

3 FG's

That's 44 points. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Now take into account Mcneese starting on their side of the field due to turnovers and bad punting 5 times and its hard to solely blame the defense for giving up 35 of those points

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

We held MSU to 7 pts on offense

ND gave up 13

Yes, I'm reaching, but the negativity is off the charts lately; thought I'd drop a little love

We also gave up 44 to McNeese State.

44 what? Our defense didn't give up 44 points to McNeese.

3 Rushing TDs

2 Passing TDs

3 FG's

That's 44 points. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Now take into account Mcneese starting on OUR side of the field due to turnovers and bad punting 5 times and its hard to solely blame the defense for giving up 35 of those points

Exactly, with a minor edit I made. Just saying our defense gave up those points doesn't tell the whole tale, and absolves a certain unit of fair blame.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

We gave up 400+ yards to McNeese. Our defense was a train wreck in that game. I'm not going to hide behind the fact that the offense was even worse.

Unlike the offense, the jury is still out on the D. We've yet to play a FBS school that has a consistent offense. Miami will be a good test.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Days Won:  0

We gave up 400+ yards to McNeese. Our defense was a train wreck in that game. I'm not going to hide behind the fact that the offense was even worse.

Unlike the offense, the jury is still out on the D. We've yet to play a FBS school that has a consistent offense. Miami will be a good test.

It was but you also have to take into account the fact that our offense sustained nothing. MSU had 11 more minutes of possession than we did. The defense had to get disheartened/gassed quick