• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ponder this.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

So McNeese State Payday (415,000) + FAU Payday (150,000)  + Skip Holtz salary this year (500,000) + USF AD Doug Woolard's Salary (500,000) = 1,565,000  which is probably more than half of the Big East TV money we were supposed to make this year.   Plus throw in Coach T's salary and look at the money we are pissing away.

FAU payday is a non-factor. In fact, so is the McNeese. Both of those represent good business deals for USF.

McNeese added a 7th home game, which all season ticket holders had to pay for. Lets use round numbers, 20,000 season ticket holders spending an average of $30 a game ... that is $600,000 in extra revenue for spending $415,000. Plus, in most seasons it would help pad our record and inch us closer to bowl eligibility. Those numbers assumes USF didn't sell 1 extra ticket to the game, ie - 0 on ticketmaster and 0 student companion tickets, which simply isn't the case.

FAU was part of a 2 for 1 deal. Which is great for USF. 2 home games for 1 road game. In all 3 games home team paid the road team some small amount of money, probably $150,000 for eyach. So 1 home and 1 road cancel each other out and become cash neutral. So we get a 1-A home game for $150,000 ... that is a huge bargain, and part of a good deal for USF.

Not touching the other parts of your breakdown, but those two represent good deals for USF. Yes it was unfortunate we lost both games, but winning or losing doesn't impact the fact that they both represented sound financial decisions. (I'm not sure if DW or LRS was AD when the FAU contract was signed)

Just curious, who brokered this deal

I'm not sure if it was at the end of LRS as AD or the early days of DW.

We signed 2 deals 2 for 1, FAU and FIU.

FAU we played at Lockhardt Stadium (long time home of the Strikers). FIU we opened this cruddy on campus stadium.

FIU ended up buying out of the last game, so their deal was simply a 1 for 1 when it was all said and done.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

It's sinful that a public school is spending this much on athletics when they aren't even in a top conference. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259

It's sinful that a public school is spending this much on athletics when they aren't even in a top conference. 

What's crazy is that we wouldn't be having this conversation if the football team did what is was supposed to do.  Win two football games, at home, against two cupcakes.  If I was DW, I would be in CWT's office constantly asking what he could provide to assist CWT and the rest of the team to be successful.  I guarantee that it hasn't and won't happen.  CWT has probably already gotten the DW cold shoulder, which is what poor leaders do when the chips are down............distance yourself (teflon) so the stink doesn't get on you.  I'm sick of it.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

What's crazy is that we wouldn't be having this conversation if the football team did what is was supposed to do.  Win two football games, at home, against two cupcakes.  If I was DW, I would be in CWT's office constantly asking what he could provide to assist CWT and the rest of the team to be successful.  I guarantee that it hasn't and won't happen.  CWT has probably already gotten the DW cold shoulder, which is what poor leaders do when the chips are down............distance yourself (teflon) so the stink doesn't get on you.  I'm sick of it.

You should apply for the job whenever it opens next.  

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259

You should apply for the job whenever it opens next.  

The resident Zingbot got me  :tongue2:

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

very good point and at some point in next 5 years usf will have to drop football if we dont move to big boyconference

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

what could dw do?    

it is amazing he still has a job

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

very good point and at some point in next 5 years usf will have to drop football if we dont move to big boyconference

No we won't.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

If I was DW, I would be in CWT's office constantly asking what he could provide to assist CWT and the rest of the team to be successful.  I guarantee that it hasn't and won't happen.  CWT has probably already gotten the DW cold shoulder, which is what poor leaders do when the chips are down............distance yourself (teflon) so the stink doesn't get on you.  I'm sick of it.

Do you really have any actual knowledge about the dynamic between CWT and Woolard?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

If I was DW, I would be in CWT's office constantly asking what he could provide to assist CWT and the rest of the team to be successful.  I guarantee that it hasn't and won't happen.  CWT has probably already gotten the DW cold shoulder, which is what poor leaders do when the chips are down............distance yourself (teflon) so the stink doesn't get on you.  I'm sick of it.

Do you really have any actual knowledge about the dynamic between CWT and Woolard?

FIFY