• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doug is killing fan base

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Assuming you are aware of Bulls football history and are knowledgeable of Doug's hiring, do you believe he will the program in better shape than when he took it over? It clearly is not, currently.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

Accountable means hiring qualified coaches and when they aren't successful or break rules fire them. It doesn't mean knowing the future like so many on here appear to be able to do.

who defined what those qualifications are?  if ten guys were qualified could Woolard just grab a name out of a hat and be okay?

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

I dumped my 5 club level tickets for this season including my Bulls Club donation. Once we have a new AD I will be back. While one person's voice probably won't make a difference to Doug, I refuse to subsidize his lack of leadership or vision.

The athletic department needs to get their act together and develop a narrative.

Though it wont be a reality, i hope you and everyone else who pulled that BS cant get their tickets back, You call yourself a fan, you say you have love and passion for USF BS, all you are is typical bandwagon fan who will support a team when they win. By you dropping your tickets and donation all you are doing is hurting USF, hate the coach, hate the team, hate the AD, dont ever hate the school and stop supporting it.....

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Accountable means hiring qualified coaches and when they aren't successful or break rules fire them. It doesn't mean knowing the future like so many on here appear to be able to do.

who defined what those qualifications are?  if ten guys were qualified could Woolard just grab a name out of a hat and be okay?

Holtz, if I recall correctly, was hired by a committee including LRS. I don't know the hiring process of CWT, but it was only a week after firing Holtz.

I believe when CWT was hired, Woolard said he was calling around to people he trusts and make sure he wasn't overlooking anyone and getting the best possible coach for the program. But I wasn't there for any of the hiring or firing, all speculation.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Holtz came through chuck neinas's search firm.

I don't know how an AD could be "100x" worse than what we have now. Conference alignment has totally screwed us for the foreseeable future and our athletic department is like an Abbott and Costello routine. On field/court matters too, but off the field we're pretty much in shambles. I'm not picking up a torch or pitchfork yet, but defending DW at this point is a sketchy position, and one that ignores quite a bit of reality.

Well, you could have an AD that turns the other way like at PSU. I mean, broaden your thinking to things that can truly jeopardize programs like crippling debt and serous rule infractions and what is considered inappropriate reactions like at Rutgers.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Slick, pretend your DW. If you were putting your resume together what would be on it?

Slick, pretend your DW. If you were putting your resume together what would be on it?

Why waste time with me when you could be at change.org getting a petition to can him like the one for Jay Jacobs of Auburn?   https://www.change.org/petitions/remove-jay-jacobs-as-auburn-s-athletic-director

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Those of you that want Woolard fired use vague answers like the demise of the football program.  Many believe this started with the firing of CJL.  Some of you feel that he should be out front shouting out to anyone that would listen that losing will not be tolerated.  A mistake was made in the hiring of Holtz and the subsequent extension.  However, he's trying to remedy that.  He hired what was considered to be one of the hottest up and coming coaches out there, and let's be honest, that's all we're going to get.  An experienced successful head coach isn't going to come here unless he has a ton of baggage.

Now you want to fire the AD.  Someone even said go get an SEC AD.  Really?  All we'd get is a young up and coming AD from a smaller school or an associate AD elsewhere.  It's still a crap shoot.

Do I think Woolard is the best AD out there?  No.  Personally though, I haven't seen anything that he has done that has warranted firing.  Every single school in the country goes through something similar to what we're going through.

It's even been mentioned that we should fire the president because of our lack of football success.  Wow, just wow.  She has a lot more to worry about than just the football team.  I'm not sure if you go on the Alma Mater board, but we just had a record setting group of freshmen come in (my son was one of them :D ).  We're a top research university.

If all this makes me a Woolard lover, then so be it.  I am foremost a USF lover and wants whats best for our university as a whole and I don't believe that firing Woolard at this time accomplishes that.

• Upvote 2