• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doug is killing fan base

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

If Taggart were 3-0 who would be calling for Woolard to be fired? The only real knock against the guy is giving Holtz and extension.

I would still be calling for his departure!!  ;) I know more than I should know, unfortunately.  

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Hiring the right coach is toughest decision to make. Don't lie that some of you were excited to have Holtz the day he was hired. He just made a mistake. Who hasn't made a mistake? No one..

Just be patience.. I know it will come around.

99% of us thought Holtz was a good hire. I did.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Id still want Doug gone, to me he is not interested or doesn't appear to be connected to the fan base and is just sitting back collecting a check with little to no pressure until retirement.   Even if Coach T turns it around this year and were to win the Conference Id still want Doug gone.

The comment above about giving him credit for the New facilities, Really?  You tell me those wouldn't had been built with out Doug?  Get out of here.  Doug just happened to be sitting in the seat when the construction went full blast.  

The ATHLETIC DEPT needs to start listening to the fans( donors, season ticket holders).  Unfort they seem to not care until invoices come out, than you get the emails, phone calls, ect,,,, than they go quiet until the next time to collect.  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i now blame the president also

she needs to go

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The last thing an AD should do is listen to fans.  For one thing, fans themselves can't agree on anything and for another, we'd have a new head coach every week.

For the record, I'm not a Woolard lover, I just don't see enough to warrant firing him.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

Im blaming Him for his decisions at the helm, Hiring Skip, than extending his contract only to can him 6 months later, pissing away USF money(a lot coming from donors).I blame him for having to pay Skip 500.000 a year to coach at La Tech,  If Coach T gets canned before his contract is up( which I hope not) than we will be paying 3 head coaches at the same time. Im blaming him for the scheduling crap of the opening of the New SunDome (UCF). The lack of communication between the fanbase, donors and season ticket holders. The email distribution list is horrible and many complain about not getting emails. I blame him for the way the athletic Dept is run in general,(its JV at best and filled with a lot of interns or people who either don't care, or know what is going on) Doug is the Top man, He needs to have people under him doing their best work.  Call and talk to 3 or more people about any question and get 3 or more answers(pathetic).  I blame him for the broken Promises to donors and season ticket holders( still not a peep from USF about it other than the email last week about Bullscast) (this was after writing weeks ago asking about it).

Coach T is blamed for the mess on the field.  But Woolard is ultimately responsible for the over all success or failure of ALL SPORTS including football. If a coach is not getting the job done regardless of the issue why, its Dougs responsibility to make sure they have the resources to do the job, talk to them about fixing the problem,  or making a change to fix it.

Even the Chair of Trustees who wrote the letter saying something is wrong with the program said even HE AGREED WITH THE EXTENSION AT THE TIME.....WHY does EVERYONE FORGET THAT?  This forum is FULL of hindsight perfectionists. And EVERY bad coach that is hired, gets FIRED after given 3-4 years by competent ADs. Schools don't fire ADs that hire losing coaches, they fire ones that don't fire them after a reasonable time.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

If we wouldve beat UCF in the Sundome opener then everyone wouldve praised the AD. Quit making excuses for poor player performance and blaming the AD

I'll have to admit, people did complain about USF being our opener before the game was played

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

Guys, the AD ain't getting fired. Ever. He'll retire when he's darn good and ready to retire, likely within the next five years. And that'll be that.