• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anybody on this site who has called Taggart a good/great coach....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Fast food mentality, wants it NOW.

AGREED

please

usf has been bad for years and we have never competed for a title

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

Fast food mentality, wants it NOW.

It's always you jerks, who don't travel, don't go to home games, don't contribute as a donor who are on here incessantly saying we need to accept mediocrity.  You "fans" (what joke and why is in quotes) aren't really fans, you're just internet forum contrarians.  Oh, and you sicken me with your acceptance of mediocrity.  Chumps.

I'm new to the board, and I generally prefer to read and not post.  But you, sir, are the kind of fan that disgusts me.  Who the hell are you to decide who is and isn't a true fan? 

I have missed very few home games since I moved to Tampa in '06 to go to USF.  I have traveled to many road games, including bowls and our historic win against Auburn.  I am a season ticket holder who lives 2 hours away from Ray J and still drives for every single game, including the recent debacles.  So I think I qualify as a "true fan."    But I think you are dead wrong.  Woolard has made some mistakes.  But at the time, the Skip Holtz hire seemed like a good hire.  It turned out terrible.  The contract extension was definitely a mistake, but at least he had the cajones to man-up and bite the bullet in firing Holtz.  I think the Taggart hire is an excellent one, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to know for absolute sure right now.  Bear Bryant himself could not have turned this program around in 3 games.  Taggart is a football coach, not a god.  I have faith that he will turn things around, but it will take time.  I'm not expecting a miracle this year, but that is not the same as accepting mediocrity.  That's called having the wisdom and maturity to know that building greatness does not happen overnight.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but attacking others who do not agree with you from behind a keyboard is cowardly and ignorant.  If you are so intelligent and know all of the answers, then why aren't you a coach, athletic director or sports journalist somewhere?  Why are you wasting god-given insight on a message board?  Everyone is frustrated with what is going on, and we all come here to vent our frustration.  But to attack the fans is so bush league. 

Great post. I, for the record, left the state before there was a football team. The last time I returned was when my father passed away.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So as long as CWT has a team with an overwhelming talent advantage, we're in good shape? That's reassuring.

that's how it works in college football. hell that's how it works in football period.

you think harbaugh did anything revolutionary scheme wise at stanford? what about saban? no they won because they had more talneted football players.

nowhere did I say overwhelming and yes we need better players to win.

So you think McNeese and FAU just have better players? Coaching had nothing to do with it?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

So as long as CWT has a team with an overwhelming talent advantage, we're in good shape? That's reassuring.

that's how it works in college football. hell that's how it works in football period.

you think harbaugh did anything revolutionary scheme wise at stanford? what about saban? no they won because they had more talneted football players.

So you think McNeese and FAU just have better players? Coaching had nothing to do with it?

yes I do.sure we have one or two guys but collectively they obviously have better players.

actual scheme had very little to do with our LBs getting run over. our d-line getting bullied. our o-line getting pushed around. our QB being an absolute travesty.

these coaches aren't making game management errors that cost us games.

we could implement oregon's offense, alabma's defense and have a sports psychologist on staff full time and the results would be no different.

not sure what else you want Taggart to do.

Edited by Bull94

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,777
  • Days Won:  3

CWT will turn things but not till we purge the roster of what Holtz recruited. 

Lots of truth in that. Gotta remember, this is ground zero - day numero uno - for the rebuilding process. What you watched for the past two years WAS NOT part of a rebuilding process; that was the apex of the Holtz New Error. That was "the machine"...the team...xCSH put together. I doubt there's anyone here who enjoys these games and we'd like to tally some wins, however - and I know that no one wants to hear this - it's gonna take longer than this year. 

We have no talent. We have embraced the 'imaginary line' where others have an offensive line. I can not begin to imagine what went through xCSH's head when he was putting this together. I can, however, imagine CWT's frustration at seeing what he had to work with. As a coach, he can never berate his predecessor, but has to say "we want to improve", "we have room to improve". He'll never say, "Holy crap, who put this together?".

Shortly after his hiring, the exuberance and adulation being heaped on CWT - you'd have thought Jesus himself had taken up residence on Fowler Avenue. The relentless nut-huggin' "get on the bus" (hmmmm...should we erect a giant forty-foot statue of him in front of the school?) "Willie T's da man for me!" was way overboard and I think there was so much self-deception in what he could accomplish, that now there's this backlash against the staff. At that point in time, if you said you expected to win three or four games, you were branded a heretic. What? Why this is Willie T...the man who has actually broken bread with the Harbaughs, the Miracle Worker of Western Kentucky. Why, he's going to implement a San Fran 49er-esque offense that will propel this school to new heights! You heard him...he wants to win championships...NOW! 

Of course he does. And that's what he says. He has to say that because he is a coach. There are those who, in their hearts and minds, thought that this was a plug-n-play world. We just add someone who is not xCSH and we're good to go. Their concept of a "rebuilding process" was "oh, yeah I can see 6-6, maybe 7-5...almost like thinking the only reason we had two abysmal years was coaching. Now, perhaps they see that it was a combination of things, coaching, recruiting with  talent and execution.

While a loss to FAU does reduce my pre-season win prediction down to 50% (with only SMU & Memphis remaining), I have no reason to doubt that Taggart can right this ship. Rebuilding means just that...to tear down what exists and build anew. Hopefully, this will serve as a learning experience to some who, while I sympathize on the misery index of losing week after week, will now develop a more realistic and rational assessment of just where the program is and where we want it to be.

Anyway, I'll be over at the stadium for the Miami game...section 234...seats 10 thru 13....as I have been since we moved into RayJ. I'm way too old and way too tough to knuckle under just because of some measure of displeasure. It's all a part of that growing thing as we move towards being a twenty-year old (still not old enough to drink!) program. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I guess that's where we differ. I don't think there's any chance on earth McNeese has more talent than we do.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

yes I do.sure we have one or two guys but collectively they obviously have better players.

actual scheme had very little to do with our LBs getting run over. our d-line getting bullied. our o-line getting pushed around. our QB being an absolute travesty.

we could implement oregon's offense, alabma's defense and have a sports psychologist on staff full time and the results would be no different.

not sure what else you want Taggart to do.

No. We might be terrible at some positions (QB) but we absolutely have better talent than McNeese State and FAU.

This team has a lot of issues. A lot from the previous regime, others from the current.

But no, we shouldn't be this bad and if CJL or Skippy had a start like this everyone would be calling for their head.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I guess that's where we differ. I don't think there's any chance on earth McNeese has more talent than we do.

collectively at key positions?

you assume that because of the name on the front of the jerseys. sorry but one of the worst talented teams in d-1 could easily have less talent than a d-1aa school especially at key positions.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Give the coach a chance. 3 games does not define the man. He is playing the hand he was dealt.

Like I said last night.

It's okay to call the coaching bad. It's stupid to call for his head.

Taggart is going to do well at USF. It's going to take time though.