• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What Football Program Would You Like To See As USF's Model?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

We'll never reflect the top Tier private school model. We're a public institution that has 3-4 times the students and maybe 1/2 the money to spend on athletics.

One of things that has hurt USF football is the funding has been dispersed. To make USF football the school pretty much funneled a good portion of athletic money towards football. That has changed.

We're not to the point where financially we an be good at everything, but we've tried to be good at everything.

Does anyone really care if the baseball team has a nice ballpark? Softball has had success, but would you rather see a good softball team and an average football team, or an average softball team and a good football team.

Yes, there is Title IX, and I'm not saying, cut all funding, but focus on the revenue.

Go back to spending more on football and we'll get back on track quicker.

Yes, I think it is important for all of our sports teams to have top of the line facilities. Not just football.

I do agree that we should spend more on football, but I dont think it has to be at the cost of other sports. What has football done recently to deserve more money? Nothing I can think of. So we should take money away from National Title contenders like soccer and softball to give a little more receruiting money or what have you to football? Not buying that one. If winning a national championship in soccer (not out of reach to be honest) means having the football team go 4-8, I will take that 1000/1000 times.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Agree with Boise State, Oregon, & Louisville. All strong programs that now have a name.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  0

A winning one

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  201
  • Days Won:  0

Boise State. And we should build an OCS with a gold field. 

Vomit.   I couldn't handle that.  Green grass and huge 5 story golden horns, now that I could dig.  Speaking of pipe dreams, model us after US in the first half of 2007/2008... Win Some Games Please.  Starting tomorrow.