• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting Observation from Non-AAC Fan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  470
  • Days Won:  0

There's a gentleman in my gym who is always chirping about college football.  Being a UNC alum, I imagine him as a retiree/booster type.  

Anyway, I got to talking to him this morning, and he mentioned that he enjoys USF's conference.  To which, of course, I replied, "I'm happy you do."  

But the reasons why he likes the AAC struck me as interesting (especially the second): 1. Teams score alot. 2. There's practically a game every night. 

Number two got me to thinking.  As USF fans, we typically despise games played on non-traditional nights.  But, perhaps as a conference, it may actually be worthwhile from a marketing perspective.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

That is the reason they have had these week night games all along, exposure.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,458
  • Days Won:  25

There's an article somewhere that talks about L'ville back in CUSA days and ESPN and how they asked for any tv night game they could get.

They knew the exposure would be worth it in the long run.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  3

Yeah, if the line is to get your product out in front of as many eyeballs as possible, coupled with entertainment, I can see where the AAC would embrace that line of thinking. I don't think they want to go head-to-head with a lot of marquee P(5) games. 

• Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Lets face it Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday (Saturday of course) are days there is no NFL football. Don't be shocked to start seeing our conference playing more games on those days, because everyone loves football and most like me would watch any 1A game on tv if there's no other football on.

So, I see the consensus here.  I guess we aren't saying anything that we hadn't already known.  It was just interesting to hear an outsider acknowledging that the strategy was having an effect.  Of course, it's just one man's opinion. 

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  453
  • Days Won:  1

Lets face it Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday (Saturday of course) are days there is no NFL football. Don't be shocked to start seeing our conference playing more games on those days, because everyone loves football and most like me would watch any 1A game on tv if there's no other football on.

Seriously. I bet most of us were watching UCF last night too.

And that's something else I mentioned in my conversation.  It hurt, but I told him to keep an eye out for UCF.  Okay. Louisville is the class of the conference and its not even close, but UCF has a good team this year. 

We better beat them, though.  It's the one game I'll be attending. 

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

true, but only until Peru/Uruguay futbol came on. hehe

Edited by TrujilloBull2013

true, but only until Peru/Uruguay futbol came on. hehe

Personally, I watched the DVR'd episode of The Ultimate Fighter, and then as much of the USMNT as I could bear.