• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS Revenue?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  83
  • Days Won:  0

Even if you did not want a BHNS, $100 mil would get you plenty of stadium.  that is twice what UCF spent. It would keep the debt service down and allow for a quality experience.  No money would be made at first, but the revenues would be used to pay down the debt until eventually it would be profitable.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

I'm not sure about the financing for something of this magnitude, but using simple amortization, financing $150 million, for 30 years, at 4% interest would require $8.6 million a year in debt payments.

We wouldn't need to finance anything... last season USF brought in $600 million in donations, which adds to the billion or so they have in the bank.

We have the $$.

Those donations were for a variety of areas. Don't you think that if we had $200 - $300 million available to us for a stadium, we wouldn't jump on it? If we didn't have to finance any of it, then yes, you're correct, it would be better than what we currently have.
Well we can borrow the money from ourselves... USF has done this before. I know they have and was told that they do it from time to time on special projects, as long as they can pay it back. They borrow the funds from themselves to pay for a capital project and then repay it over X amount of fiscal years.
That X in your equation is about 50 years, at best. Not happening.

We collected $600 million in one year... we can do it again, especially with sponsorships and such.

The Unstoppable Campaign you're referring to started when you were in elementary school. So it was $600+ million in 8 years. You just missed on the facts for that one.

The campaign, publicly launched in October of 2009... So that's 4 years.

Read up on it..

Apparently they had a first "quiet" phase beginning in 2005..

However they didn't kick off the big public push until 2009.  That's when the big money started pouring in,  $111 million in 2010-11 alone. 

The "quiet" phase apparently raised half the money so I think 8 years would be the appropriate response ...

The USF: Unstoppable Campaign, which began in 2005, raised about $300 million within its first three years, but in 2008, as the nation’s recession reached its peak and the state continued to be strapped for cash to provide public universities with, organizers of the campaign began to worry. 

Regardless, 1 year was a joke, one in a long line of many ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

I wonder what the overhead would be with insurance, security, etc.