• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NEWS ALERT: Armed & Dangerous Man still loose near Tampa Campus

outrunner

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Sorry Mods, just wanted people to be alert before they head out for the morning. Please move once the all clear is given.

According to The Oracle:
DEVELOPING: Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office Public Information Officer Larry McKinnon said a suspect reportedly bound four males and sexually battered four females at Cambridge Woods apartments before fleeing on foot to Oaks Apartments on foot, where he forced 25 people attending a party into a room at gunpoint and fired at least one round. McKinnon said the suspect remains at large, but that after the use of K9s and helicopters, he is confident the suspect will be found.

The first alert I got on my phone was around 2:00am, so they've been at it for 5 hours now.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

crazy

stay safe students

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Days Won:  19

The 2am text message woke me up. Crazy world we live in sometimes. Hope law enforcement catches this guy before he hurts anyone else. I bet we discover the prep lives pretty close to the crime scene. (just based on the fact that he was reported to have fled on foot via the USF golf course)

Got an email a short while ago saying the "event" is over. But all news reports still say HCSO are still looking for the suspect and to be on alert.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,074
  • Days Won:  172

dont move to a big city

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

Don't move to a gated community in a small town either.  http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/body-found-in-brooksville-gated-community/2140293

There are, unfortunately, sickos everywhere.

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I hate to get political, but if any of those 8 people were armed with a gun, and trained on how to use it, then this creep would not have been able to **** those girls.

Hell if any of those 25 were armed then this would not have occured either. All I'm saying is that this would not happen in my neck of the woods. Criminals prey on those who are unarmed.

I hope the police take this guy out... he is the lowest of the low.

Edited by Bubba Bull
  • Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Got an email a short while ago saying the "event" is over. But all news reports still say HCSO are still looking for the suspect and to be on alert.

This is what I find pretty outrageous. My wife received the same text alert saying "the event is over".

Except what that meant evidently is that they failed the find the guy and they called off the manhunt. So this dude who raped four women last night, shot at total strangers, broke into homes and held people up at gun point...he's still on the loose somewhere about a half-mile from USF campus.

But the "event is over" so thank god for that.

From The Oracle:

"HCSO: Suspect is black male in his 20, tattoos on neck and arms with medium length dreds."

And I agree. I think its outrageous that an "event is over" message is sent while the suspect is still at large.  The message just said the investigation continues, no mention that an armed and dangerous man is on the loose.  It seems we have still have some work to do with our emergency system.