• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My mind is still blown

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  1

Honestly I can get over getting 50 points hung on us by a FBS sub division team.  I can get over the a$$ kicking that we took.  I can get over the fact that in Willie T's first game, after months of hype we laid probably the biggest egg I've ever witnessed in my life following sports. 

What I can't get over was the severe and total lack of any emotion from our players, and our sideline.  Nobody seemed to care, not once did I see any passion or urgency, only blank faces and poor efforts.  I saw this same thing unfold over the course of last year, and to be honest I'm not watching anymore of it in person this season.  I felt embarrassed to go to school here, and to even be associated with that sort of terrible effort.  Get me some players who care, and want to compete.  I don't care if we go winless, but that type of effort was outright disgusting, and pitiful.  There are people who would give everything to be in a D1 football program, and these players acted like it was a waste of their time. 

Bull nation was disrespected last night, by our players, our coaches, and our football program.  I will never forget that loss, and it will take years to scrub that stench away.  Say what you want about supporting these athletes, but these front runners deserve none of what they have, and what the people in this program sacrificed to build for them.  Over the course of the past calendar year these apathetic players have set this program back a decade, they don't deserve to play here, and I am fine if only the freshman play every down the rest of this season.  

You can only blame the coaches for so long, and so much.  At some point you have to acknowledge that these kids don't care, don't want to be here, and don't want to win.  I boood at my team for the first time in my life, and I can honestly say they deserved it and more.  I think this program can be fixed, but there is a severe problem with our culture here, and the current players that we have.  I will always be a Bull, and I am a believer in coach T, but something has to change, and I think its these athletes.

End of rant        

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Booing isn't right. I am upset but I think taggart will shoulder this shame for all of us and turn it around. I will be cheering at fau even if we suck. Who is with me?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,065
  • Days Won:  38

Coach T has pretty much laid out his plan and I agree with it:

1.  He is going to find the guys who play all out for 4 quarters whether it is a freshman or not.

2.  Build from there.

You have to do #1 before you can even consider #2.  Soul searching time.  If they can accomplish #1, then I will be excited to go to the games again whether they win or lose.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Coach T has pretty much laid out his plan and I agree with it:

1.  He is going to find the guys who play all out for 4 quarters whether it is a freshman or not.

2.  Build from there.

You have to do #1 before you can even consider #2.  Soul searching time.  If they can accomplish #1, then I will be excited to go to the games again whether they win or lose.

Hopefully there are enough of those guys on the roster to fill out a 2 deep, because I didn't see many last night.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

You know the only reason I'm not completely in the dumps, only about 90%, is that Coach T would probably agree with a lot of what you wrote.

Changing the culture of a downtrodden program takes some time and testing the character of the players is part of that.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,986
  • Days Won:  12

Very well articulated.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  2

Booing isn't right. I am upset but I think taggart will shoulder this shame for all of us and turn it around. I will be cheering at fau even if we suck. Who is with me?

Can't wait for the FAU game and to cheer on our Bulls! 

I was pretty upset on Saturday. I think at one point I was yelling. Quickly realized how idiotic I probably sounded and felt bad. These athletes are students playing a game. I was a student a little over a year ago. I'm happy that those guys are out there playing for USF.

What I do get upset about is if the players aren't even trying. That must be left with the coaches though and I can't worry about that. All I can do is cheer them on and hope that it motivates them.

Either way! All I can do as a fan is be the best fan possible. Can't wait for another good tailgate and to cheer on our Bulls against FAU.