• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

one last interesting tidbit from the game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  0

Just heard on the broadcast that the DC for McNeese was CWT's DC last year at WKU.  Anyone remember how a certain John Gruden knew EXACTLY what the Raiders were running when they lost to the Bucs in the Super Bowl?

Look, I know this is not the reason we lost the game, but is does stand to reason that McNeese had a good understanding of the offensive tendencies of CWT and played to those strengths tonight.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

And willie was their DCs head coach?

Wouldn't that at least negate their advantage?

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

We heard it all game on ESPN3. I said it in the chat room. Except his old DC looked like Gruden. Doesn't change anything. Maybe he should have taken him with him to USF.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

Just heard on the broadcast that the DC for McNeese was CWT's DC last year at WKU.  Anyone remember how a certain John Gruden knew EXACTLY what the Raiders were running when they lost to the Bucs in the Super Bowl?

Look, I know this is not the reason we lost the game, but is does stand to reason that McNeese had a good understanding of the offensive tendencies of CWT and played to those strengths tonight.

It looked like just the opposite to me. The MSU OC being very familiar with our defense and knew what to call, when. I know we gave them a short field too many times but they had some long ass drives mixed in there, too.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

It looked like just the opposite to me. The MSU OC being very familiar with our defense and knew what to call, when. I know we gave them a short field too many times but they had some long ass drives mixed in there, too.

multiple times with a short field, quick turnaround due to turnovers, 3 n outs and short drives = one tired ass defense. They had nearly 10 minutes more TOP. Our defense was gassed and the offense didn't help them at all.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

multiple times with a short field, quick turnaround due to turnovers, 3 n outs and short drives = one tired ass defense. They had nearly 10 minutes more TOP. Our defense was gassed and the offense didn't help them at all.

Good points ... 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Man, that sounds so familiar ... 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

That it does. We played nearly the worst possible game in terms of errors and mistakes. McNeese played a perfect game. No overcoming that. Even though I'm positive there is more talent on our team than theirs, we would have lost to Gaither if we played like we did tonight.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  52

That it does. We played nearly the worst possible game in terms of errors and mistakes. McNeese played a perfect game. No overcoming that. Even though I'm positive there is more talent on our team than theirs, we would have lost to Gaither if we played like we did tonight.

Not really perfect.   We had a pass intercepted, had some dropped passes, a LB getting out of position on your first offensive play, and our FS got beat on a couple of passes for TD's.   Things like that have to improve if we are going to make the playoffs and make any noise in them against teams like North Dakota St.

Doc

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  27

Not really perfect.   We had a pass intercepted, had some dropped passes, a LB getting out of position on your first offensive play, and our FS got beat on a couple of passes for TD's.   Things like that have to improve if we are going to make the playoffs and make any noise in them against teams like North Dakota St.

Doc

Matt and Lance will get those things corrected after some film work this week....the FS getting beat like that concerns me a little....