• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

fire doug woolard

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

Firing CJL was a stupid move. It was unnecessary and it hurt the team. Then he made a really bad hire. We don't know yet how this one is going to work out, but last night didn't look too good. And the prez is as guilty as the AD of basically wrecking what used to be a pretty good FB team.

I think if the whole Leach thing didn't happen at that time, he would have stayed. I think USF didn't have much of a choice at the time.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I actually did not think this thread would be created for at least another few games.

Why? He should've been fired last year.

Took a wrecking ball to a university who was on the rise.

Doesn't matter, no one really cares anymore.

I'd bet if he was fired from here he'd end up at a P5 school in no time.

USF is his last job, regardless.  But if he chose not to retire he could probably get on as a graduate assistant with Vilanova.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Greg Auman reported an announced crow of 35K and 22K butts in seats.  Wow!  If this kind of performance continues attendance will look like a high school jamboree game.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Firing CJL was a stupid move. It was unnecessary and it hurt the team. Then he made a really bad hire. We don't know yet how this one is going to work out, but last night didn't look too good. And the prez is as guilty as the AD of basically wrecking what used to be a pretty good FB team.

Hindsight is perfect. Ever hear of that phrase? Holtz was seen as an uprising coach with multiple conference wins. I could go on and on.

Doug has no vision for the athletic program that extends beyond its own zip code. The last 5 years have been critical for conference expansion and USF has done little, outside of facilities, to position itself for the next step. In the most critical and measurable way - football - USF has played itself out of the conversation and has been left behind.

How will the university fund a competitive athletic department when the future TV contract is peanuts, attendance based on near-term performance will surely drop, and the man responsible for it all is has no clue how to dig us out of the hole that he is primarily responsible for creating?

It starts at the top.

Talk about minimizing one of the hardest to achieve and most crucial aspects of moving up.

Edited by slick1ru2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Hindsight is perfect. Ever hear of that phrase? Holtz was seen as an uprising coach with multiple conference wins. I could go on and on.

I'll drink to that.. The timing of firing CJL was out of Doug's hands and landing Holtz that late in coach hiring season was a huge success.  It didn't work out - those things happen.  My issue with Doug is mostly post the Skip hire - and not just the contract extension.  How difficult is it to improve our ticket office?  How difficult is it to hire someone who understands how e-mail works?  In the heart of Tampa, when USF football was catching fire, no real success in pushing it through local business advertising.  The core of his job he consistently under performs.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Doug has no vision for the athletic program that extends beyond its own zip code. The last 5 years have been critical for conference expansion and USF has done little, outside of facilities, to position itself for the next step. In the most critical and measurable way - football - USF has played itself out of the conversation and has been left behind.

How will the university fund a competitive athletic department when the future TV contract is peanuts, attendance based on near-term performance will surely drop, and the man responsible for it all is has no clue how to dig us out of the hole that he is primarily responsible for creating?

It starts at the top.

Talk about minimizing one of the hardest to achieve and most crucial aspects of moving up.

everybody in the country is building new facilities. please don't act like this guy is some savior for pilfering the students of nearly $15M per year.

maybe we should get rid of the AD entirely, save the $700k+ and keep the library open later. we are an academic institution afterall.

It starts at the top.

everybody in the country is building new facilities. please don't act like this guy is some savior for pilfering the students of nearly $15M per year.

maybe we should get rid of the AD entirely, save the $700k+ and keep the library open later. we are an academic institution afterall.

No, everyone isn't, especially in this economy with banks limiting lending.

A commitment to facility upgrade was a key reason USF got into the Big East and this little roller coaster ride got into full swing. Without it, we'd be back in CUSA today.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

It starts at the top.

No, everyone isn't, especially in this economy with banks limiting lending.

if you think banks are limiting lending then you live in a different world than I do. money is cheap and plentiful right now. look around the country. schools are going crazy building new facilities. I could go down the list of just schools in our crappy conference that are throwing tens of millions into athletic buildings. smu, houston, ucf, etc.