• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Vegas Odds: USF -20.5 over McNeese St.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

I miss the the days when we consistently covered the betting margin. I do not believe we cover this week.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Hang in there, feardabull, I think you'll be delightfully surprised at Matt's capabilities in this game. He rose to the challenge and won the starting spot, so he's stronger upstairs than a lot of us are giving him credit.

Im not worried about whats upstairs. If he has truly solved his fumblitis then i will be a believer.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I wouldn't touch this game, but if I had to I'd take McNeese and the points.

Our front seven should smother them (if they don't, hello 3-9). I'm just not certain we can score points yet. If McNeese gets 10 points they beat the spread

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I wouldn't touch this game, but if I had to I'd take McNeese and the points.

Our front seven should smother them (if they don't, hello 3-9). I'm just not certain we can score points yet. If McNeese gets 10 points they beat the spread

I don't want to be overconfident, but I think our team is SOOOOO fired up & looking forward to hitting strangers that we jump on top early, and get the 2nd team in mid-3rd.  I think THAT group is fresh, and led my younger players looking to leave a mark, increase the spread.  I see a worn out McNeese State team getting plowed by Tice...yes, Shaw, Floyd, et al will be resting for MSU, and Tice will run hard v a tired McNeese D.

On the D side, our front 4 will rotate & prove too deep and talented.  Lynch can't wait to load up some sacks, and we're got Watson & Sager stuffing the middle for the run game. 

This is NOT arrogance.  3-9 humbled me.  Nor is it disrespect for McNeese state.  I just think this hungry, energized team I saw in Vero is champing at the bit and is going to start out the Taggart era with passion we've haven't seen since the Leavitt years.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

^ Hope you're right, but everyone's hungry at the beginning of the season and this is a proving game for McNeese. I think they'll throw their best in the beginning, so if we get out of the 1Q with a 10+ point lead, we should be okay to dictate the rest of the game. If I'm on the edge of my seat in the 4th Q like I was with Nevada, it doesn't bode well for the rest of the year...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

I'm just hoping we win. Don't expect to win by 21.