• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What do you like on our team?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

We've done a pretty smash-up job talking about all our concerns on the team, thought it would be fun for a change to talk about some of the stuff that looks great, going into the season.

It's great to see the fans and the community get behind coach T. That's undoubtedly helped him build the staff and the system he envisioned, and kudos to the athletic dept for letting him get in the driver's seat and stay there (reference intended). I'm really looking forward to seeing the product hit the playing field.

By all reports, I definitely like the D line, the LBs, our WR group, TEs, the drive and expertise of the coaching staff, and CWT's commitment to hard work.

Anyone know some other areas that shine?

I know some of you won't be able to resist the urge to bash other's takes, but please try to keep it positive out there!  :LoveFest:

Go Bulls!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I am thrilled with Coach T's enthusiasm and "get down to business" attitude.  I think Woolard mismanaged the Leavitt thing and then let the pendulum swing to a happy, hugging, loving atmosphere - for his own personal reasons.  But anybody that has coached young, sometimes distracted athletes with tons of potential know you must demand more from them in order for them to reach their best.  And you must have a guy that can build a team.

Willie does that.  You have to want to be there, or he'll hold the door for you to leave.  No whining.  No sobbing.  Man ball.

I am glad he's here.  He's a class act and appears well suited to lead us out of the mess we were plunged into.

Hearing today that Marcus Shaw is maturing into a leadership role is a coup after seeing how Holtz handled him.  I think we have great potential again.  It will take time.

I can't really call out individual stuff.  I just sense our team will play like a team and they will want to win for themselves and a coach they can take seriously and believe in.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I love Coach T's enthusiasm, but I could say the same about the previous coach when he came aboard as well. I like the focus on recruiting locally so far. Until I see some games played under the new regime, I can't really say much else.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  1

We won't see paper bags being worn by the fans. Shame shouldn't be a word connected to the Bull's program. Coach T has come to the program and given us all a reason to believe that better days are coming. That is a major make over after last year. Go Bulls!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Coach T is more serious in practice than his predecessor was in games.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Taggart's comments about RBs has me more excited to see what they can do. Really relieved to see Shaw coming along so well, always had so much potential and reminds me of Warrick Dunn. Hearing the freshmen making a play for game time and making waves is great too. Having 4 RBs that can make CWT's grade sounds promising for our run game, and I think the addition of Lockette can only strengthen us there.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the new apparent attitude

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Coach T is more serious in practice than his predecessor was in games.

This.

Not much more one can say til we play some games.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I like the all green uniforms with the gold helmets on our team.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

1069270_10201532050647197_1680442638_n.j

I don't know who Bobby Lewis is... but I am kind of excited about CWT's enthusiasm! I hope that his performance is on par (or exceeds) his energy.