• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let's rank our football choaching staff!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

How about we rank them when we have a season to evaluate them against.  That would be a novel idea, wouldn't it?

See, you're not getting it.  We're ranking the CHOACHING staff.  You should have enough tape on them to fairly evaluate.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Tape is not necessarily accurate,  Too many variables to consider, talent he had to coach, schedule in which he competed, ect..... 

Based on the hype he has brought already to the area, the recruiting class,the mess he inherited from Charley Brown(Skip) Id say he is doing a great job. But too early to judge him( before he coaches several seasons).  He needs 2-3 years before we can fairly judge him.

Need to test drive the bus first.

Tape is not necessarily accurate,  Too many variables to consider, talent he had to coach, schedule in which he competed, ect..... 

Based on the hype he has brought already to the area, the recruiting class,the mess he inherited from Charley Brown(Skip) Id say he is doing a great job. But too early to judge him( before he coaches several seasons).  He needs 2-3 years before we can fairly judge him.

Need to test drive the bus first.

:facepalm:

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259

How about we rank them when we have a season to evaluate them against.  That would be a novel idea, wouldn't it?

See, you're not getting it.  We're ranking the CHOACHING staff.  You should have enough tape on them to fairly evaluate.

No, you're not getting it and you haven't got it. That journeyman joke of a coach Holtz came in with respectable numbers but he was what he is......HORRIBLE.  Coaches are only as good as their current record reflects and we have NO record on Taggart at this level or beyond as a head coach.  Check yourself young man and don't waste our time.

No, you're not getting it and you haven't got it. That journeyman joke of a coach Holtz came in with respectable numbers but he was what he is......HORRIBLE.  Coaches are only as good as their current record reflects and we have NO record on Taggart at this level or beyond as a head coach.  Check yourself young man and don't waste our time.

:facepalm: :facepalm:   Let's see how long it takes.

Hope you're right..........that they'll be ranked highly.  Right now, I rank them at 0.0 with only upside if they are decent at all but plenty of downside if they suck.

Hope you're right..........that they'll be ranked highly.  Right now, I rank them at 0.0 with only upside if they are decent at all but plenty of downside if they suck.

If you notice my original quote of ur post, I was just jabbing at the OP for misspelling "coaches" (please notice the word I emboldened).  Was nothing towards you, directly.

I agree we wait til end of season to evaluate.

If you notice my original quote of ur post, I was just jabbing at the OP for misspelling "coaches" (please notice the word I emboldened).  Was nothing towards you, directly.

I agree we wait til end of season to evaluate.

Yeah, just saw that...funny.  So close to CHOKING it deserves to be lampooned.  Hat tip my friend  :slapmax:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I think we have a new word, "Choach" verb, When a coach makes a panicked decision that costs his team a chance to win.  Example, Skip Holtz really choached when he went for field goals instead of touchdowns late in the game,

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

impossible to rate now

it is all about winning at this level