• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let Coach T Drive the Bus (video)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

but the fact that Schiano was head coach to one of our rivals...maybe they didnt even ask him.  Doug Martin is on there

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I'm refraining from saying why I think that gap-toothed, Bluto sock wearing, whiny ass, self-centered crybaby isn't getting on the bus.

in all fairness...we would need Schiano way more than he needs us.  His stage is MUCH bigger.

Yeah, but that shouldn't be the issue.  Also, it seems these teams and leagues always want the perception of community involvement. This was a no brainer for the other pro teams in Tampa, the true pros.  Glazers and Schiano...no surprise. 

I'm refraining from saying why I think that gap-toothed, Bluto sock wearing, whiny ass, self-centered crybaby isn't getting on the bus.

in all fairness...we would need Schiano way more than he needs us.  His stage is MUCH bigger.

Yeah, but that shouldn't be the issue.  Also, it seems these teams and leagues always want the perception of community involvement. This was a no brainer for the other pro teams in Tampa, the true pros.  Glazers and Schiano...no surprise. 

+1 Schiano is a petulant child who is likely never to become a Bulls backer. Only reason i called him out was to accentuate that point. He is so egomaniacal, he won't get the point until he is coaching at Charleston College

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

I love this video dammit. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

#CoachTsBus Video Getting People Pumped Up

By TOM ZEBOLD

USF Senior Writer

VERO BEACH – Head coach Willie Taggart grabbed everyone’s attention at his introductory press conference in December when he said: “What we have to do now is put everyone on the bus, put them in the right seat, and let Coach T drive this bus.”

It turns out Taggart wasn’t kidding and he’s got some pretty cool guests that have jumped aboard.

USF has amped up the excitement for football season by unveiling a promotional video with Coach T hopping in the driver’s seat of an actual bus. As soon as the engine is fired up, the video takes on an animated format with Taggart, members of the team, USF President Dr. Judy Genshaft and notable Bulls backers including Jon Gruden, **** Vitale, Rays manager Joe Maddon, Bucs running back Doug Martin and Tampa mayor Bob Buckhorn, all together for a joyride that starts at the Lee Roy Selmon Athletics Center. The bus continues to the Lowry Park Zoo and the Tampa Bay Times Forum before arriving at Raymond James Stadium.

Watch the video HERE.

“I asked my boys what they thought about it and they said it was the coolest thing ever. It was pretty catchy, too,” Taggart said before USF’s afternoon practice at Vero Beach Sports Village on Tuesday.

Taggart’s boys aren’t the only ones that have gotten quite a kick out of the video. Members of national media outlets, including ESPN, Sports Illustrated, CBS Sports, Yahoo! Sports, Sporting News, SB Nation and The Big Lead, have all found a place for the USF production their websites along with some solid reviews.

Sports Illustrated reporter Zac Ellis gave the Bulls an A+ and listed USF at the top of his college hype video grades while The Big Lead Editor-in-Chief Jason McIntyre took to Twitter to Tuesday to say, “Yes, USF coach Willie Taggart has won the morning in college football circles.”

Just like the start of USF football practices, music is pumping from the speakers during Taggart’s stroll through Tampa on the commercial and fans can download the theme song for free HERE.

“It was great getting on the bus and filming it,” Taggart said.

Rest of Tom Zebold's daily report: http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=2981&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=209128464&USE_REGULAR_SITE_FOR_MOBILE=YES

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

:facepalm:

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

This is the best thing ever produced by USF!

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Do we really know the story on Schiano & Glazers? It seems unlikely USF didn't reach out to them for the video, but wonder what the real answers are--they may have been told not to appear in it by the NFL for all we know. Lots of smart guys on here, wonder if anyone can find that answer?

Purely hypothetical, but I was trying to figure that out and the only thing I could figure is that they didn't want the other extensive college fans in the metro (UF/FSU/UM/etc) to pitch fits on the Bucs organization. Baseball, who cares? But football is sacred to a lot of fans.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

My comment was based on past actions by the Glazers, purely conjecture based on fact.  I doubt USF would even waste time with them, actually.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

eh, the NFL thing would be a big stretch anyway. I mean, Martin was in there, so who knows? I don't have the insight, but Greg's article on this seems to take a quick shot at Schiano, so I'm sure you guys know stuff I don't.