• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UConn Must Be Ready To Bolt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Who of the remaining 3 ISN'T ready to bolt this dumpster fire? You think we're not talking to any P5 who will listen? It may not be as public as Cincy or UConn, but I'm sure we are making phone calls...just depends on if the other side is listening or not.

Exactly.  I agree with the thread title relating to the OP article but it's not like it's exactly groundbreaking news.  I don't think any "bolting" of anyone is imminent at this point.  

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

All this talk about bolting is driving me nuts...

WELL PLAYED!!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

All this talk about bolting is driving me nuts...

Its-driving-me-nuts.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  325
  • Days Won:  0

I was talking to a guy that has some nice contacts with OU, and from what he has heard is the Big 12 is watching us and a couple others.  But they are doing research on their demographics and on what we can bring to the table.  Said a few things that came up regarding us was lack of support (due to only 16 yrs of football) and if we can create a signicant foot print in the state.  Said the last two years in football and inconsistent performance in basketball and baseball has made some of the remaining schools wonder if we are committed.  But did say that the improvements in our facilities and academics is a great start.

Basically from what I got out it...start winning and supporting your school, home and away and good things may come of it

Maybe we should try to start schedule  away trips to Big12 schools like KSU, OU and Texas

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

I was talking to a guy that has some nice contacts with OU, and from what he has heard is the Big 12 is watching us and a couple others.  But they are doing research on their demographics and on what we can bring to the table.  Said a few things that came up regarding us was lack of support (due to only 16 yrs of football) and if we can create a signicant foot print in the state.  Said the last two years in football and inconsistent performance in basketball and baseball has made some of the remaining schools wonder if we are committed.  But did say that the improvements in our facilities and academics is a great start.

Basically from what I got out it...start winning and supporting your school, home and away and good things may come of it

I don't know by "lack of support" they mean attendance but you take away Ok and Texas and the rest only average about 50k and considering how bad our last three years with Skip were we still hit around 44k.  Go back to the last 3 years of JL and we were up to 51k so I find it hard to believe that with an upgraded schedule of the Big 12 anyone would think our attendance would go down.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741

I don't know by "lack of support" they mean attendance but you take away Ok and Texas and the rest only average about 50k and considering how bad our last three years with Skip were we still hit around 44k.  Go back to the last 3 years of JL and we were up to 51k so I find it hard to believe that with an upgraded schedule of the Big 12 anyone would think our attendance would go down.

I don't know about the average attendance numbers. Gousfbulls.com has the official attendance for UL in 2011 at 33,416. There was no way 34K people were there. Every school probably pads their attendance,

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

USF, Cin, and UConn are going no where for at least five years. Settle in and enjoy your team.

after 5 years those 3 will be so far below talent level of power 5 teams it wont be funny

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594

I don't know about the average attendance numbers. Gousfbulls.com has the official attendance for UL in 2011 at 33,416. There was no way 34K people were there. Every school probably pads their attendance,

They got the decimal wrong on that number.  There were really 3,341.6 fans at that game.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Here comes another 200 page entry about realignment....