• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bench is a gamer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

Bench comes off to me as a smart and athletic QB. One that can run when needed and also dump off to the 3rd and 4th WR; plus he has more size than Eveld in case of a hit. 

Eveld seems more like a good backup, a guy that can come in when needed to run the O but just doesn't have the ability to take the team to the end zone enough without getting flustered or flattened with a hit

But I also remember last year when a bunch of people thought Floyd was the future and that didn't look too good last year, so I'll wait to jump on the Bench Wagon until I see some action.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

I just hope he has half the desire to win and heart Matt and BJ have

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Bench fits the system pretty well, should be a good fit. Bobby should get first look though in camp though.

Why? What has Bobby done to deserve first look. He had one good game against Miami. Other than that nothing.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210

We need another Grothe.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I will be really surprised if Bench doesn't become the starter. He seems more capable than the others and Bobby hasn't proved a thing over the years. Floyd has passed him imo, but the fumbles are keeping him from getting the nod. I'd expect Bench vs Floyd for the starter, and if Floyd can fix his fumble issue, it might be a close race.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

We don't need the second coming of Joe Montana we just need a decent qb that can take a snap

and isn't a turnover machine.  If Bench can do that he will be are starter this year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688

It would be nice to have team that does not have to be carried on the back of the quarterback. I wish for this more than I wish for a QB that can carry the team.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

It would be nice to have team that does not have to be carried on the back of the quarterback. I wish for this more than I wish for a QB that can carry the team.

Yuppers.

Some good Big Uglies and an every-down RB go a loooong way to helping a young QB succeed.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222

I don't want to get in a Floyd vs Eveld debate buy Bobby is serviceable while Floyd is not.  Bobby should know more of the playbook so he should get first look.  I'd be grooming Mike White asap, there's something about that kid.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I don't want to get in a Floyd vs Eveld debate buy Bobby is serviceable while Floyd is not.  Bobby should know more of the playbook so he should get first look.  I'd be grooming Mike White asap, there's something about that kid.

I think that Bench has had enough time to know most of the playbook. He's had since late May and with a former coach for a dad, he's got a pretty good study partner. CWT's offense isn't THAT different from old fashioned smash mouth football.