• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What do you Bulls think of Greg Auman's work?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

It has been a rough few years but GA has been a rock in the storm. He knows the entire athletic program, its successes and struggles well.

Lately he has bee a little bit of a wet blanket, but its hard to say whether its him or us as pissed fans.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

He's done great work except for the misspellings and poor grammar.

In a rare act of quoting myself, I must apologize for not using the correct sarcasm icon.

sarcasm-smilies.jpg

(it's one of those I think)

Greg is by far the best beat writer I have ever seen at USF.  Others have tried, many have failed.  Greg gets it done.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

Greg is the best. He has a natural curiosity and he digs for answers... detailed ones at those.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

He is definitely responsive to fans as well. If we ask a question that makes sense, he'll try to dig it up.

Not indicative of him at all, but the only thing that annoys me is that sometimes other people get the leak on big news before him. As a former "inside" Guy who had the info before the media, Greg seems like the kind of guy I would've given big news to first. Like BMM getting the firing Skip news first.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Guy makes his competition look bad

I don't think he has any competition.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

I think Greg does FAR better work than his competitor over at the Trib.  I’ve also met Greg, at USF’s open football practice, this spring.  He was with his son, but still took the time to talk with me and some other fans/blog readers.  I feel he goes above and beyond and provides great info and storylines on USF athletics.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

GA is huge, being out of state, I have to use him as my main source for info.  I always look for his tweets and blog stories.  Plus he's awesome at answering questions on his live chats and following up on twitter as well.  I like the other guy on the Trib, but he does seem a little behind.

And the fact that he's on here and chimes in when needed is an added bonus as well

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

I miss McMurphy.

but he was terrible thats why he breaks every story and writes on a national level.  where is that sarcasm icon?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I am certainly a big fan of Greg's work. Of all my twitter follows for USF information, he would be my pick for the best. I also enjoy the blog, and when I travel internationally, and only check the net every few days, Greg's blog is where I turn to first to see what USF news I'm missing.

I do want to say that Joey Johnson is a very good writer, and I have a ton of respect for him too. I think Greg has better resources because of the financial health (relatively speaking to the Tribune) of the Times.

I think we as fans have it pretty good in terms of coverage of our team by our beat writers.

I'm subscribed to Joey Johnson's blog through my Yahoo! page.  He went through a long stretch of blog posts that were negative and nothing positive.  When good things were happening, they weren't posted.  But things like "Big East Armageddon" were immediately put up.  There seems to be a continuing Tribune bias against the Bulls.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

He is definitely responsive to fans as well. If we ask a question that makes sense, he'll try to dig it up.

Not indicative of him at all, but the only thing that annoys me is that sometimes other people get the leak on big news before him. As a former "inside" Guy who had the info before the media, Greg seems like the kind of guy I would've given big news to first. Like BMM getting the firing Skip news first.

Greg isn't first because Greg does his best to validate a story before posting it, rather than unashamedly posting any crap that he hears and not being embarrassed when it turns out to be something different.  Even the National Enquirer gets something right once in a while.