• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nick Nataro/ TE / Estero, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

This probably needs it's own topic but I'm guessing we grab 22 recruits this year... Sound about right after losing 2 from this class? If so we got 10 left so what do we need or want out of the rest of the class? My guess:

1 RB Stud

2 WR Stud

1 or 2 LBs (including VJJr)

1 DT Stud?

What else? that's only five... What am I missing? 

Gotta add DE from slightly North. Couple of Jumboes for OL. A slot WR to go with the 2 long ones and another big time ATH. Plus i think we take 25 this year. Still some housecleaning to do.

Probably going to need to bring in a kicker this year too, no?

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Lot of good ball down in sw florida- island coast, cape coral, south fort myers, naples, immokalee but estero is not in that category. Although talent does come out of there - anthony henry.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

This probably needs it's own topic but I'm guessing we grab 22 recruits this year... Sound about right after losing 2 from this class? If so we got 10 left so what do we need or want out of the rest of the class? My guess:

1 RB Stud

2 WR Stud

1 or 2 LBs (including VJJr)

1 DT Stud?

What else? that's only five... What am I missing?

Gotta add DE from slightly North. Couple of Jumboes for OL. A slot WR to go with the 2 long ones and another big time ATH. Plus i think we take 25 this year. Still some housecleaning to do.

Probably going to need to bring in a kicker this year too, no?

Doubt it we got Nadelman last year and the kid from Naples 2 years back... We're good on kickers...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Seems the media were a bit behind with Nataro. He had an offer from USF long before the Saturday Night Live event, but the media didn't know. Also, I don't recall anything being said about his being committed to Arizona until after he de-committed to Arizona in order to commit to South Florida.

Either way, he's an impressive tight end prospect that looks and plays the way a tight end should look and play and I'm glad they pulled him in, given the importance of the position in a Stanford style offense.

While they're recruiting schools like Estero, they need to pull in that Michael Galati offensive lineman from Manatee. Another diamond in the rough. In addition to being a **** good offensive lineman that has played all five positions, he's also been his team's long snapper.

Edited by ckparrothead

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Prep football: Estero's Nick Nataro switches commitment from Arizona to USF
1020_NWSP_KJ_clest3_t607.jpg

Photo by KEVIN JOHNSON // Buy this photo

After making a catch, Estero tight end Nick Nataro lunges for extra yards while Cypress Lake's Darryl Powell (3) moves in to make a tackle on Oct. 19, 2012 at Estero High School. Kevin Johnson/Staff

Rising Estero High School senior tight end Nick Nataro has decided to stay closer to home.

About 2,200 miles closer.

A couple weeks after attending South Florida’s “Saturday Night Live†recruiting event, the 6-foot-3, 245-pound Nataro decommitted from Arizona, choosing to shift his verbal to the Bulls of Tampa on Wednesday night.

Nataro, who turned 17 on June 18, said after long talks with his dad, also named Nick, they decided Arizona’s Tucson campus was just too far away for the youngster.

USF is only about a two-hour shot up Interstate 75, and Nataro said that’s just right — close enough for friends and family to watch him play and far enough to grow on his own.

“It’s almost a perfect distance,†he said. “I’ll get the full college experience while I’m not too far from home.â€

Formerly a wide receiver, Nataro played his first campaign as a tight end in then-coach Rich Dombroski’s high-octane offense last season, pulling in 44 receptions for almost 600 yards with six touchdowns. He’s also considered a strong blocker, and Dombroski, now the coach at Immokalee, said he runs the 40 in 4.6 seconds.

ESPN and Scout rate Nataro a three-star recruit. ESPN ranks him as the 20th-best tight end in the country and third in the state. Scout calls him the 52nd-best tight end in the nation and fourth in Florida. Rivals rates him a two star.

Location was not the only thing that came into play with Nataro’s switch. New USF coach Willie Taggart utilized tight ends a lot during his three seasons of leading Western Kentucky. Ditto for Stanford, where Taggart previously was an assistant.

“Their tight ends have been some of the most successful in college football,†Nataro said.

Nataro said there were “a bunch of top-notch guys†at USF for the SNL event, “and I got a great feel for it there. It’s a top-notch program and the offense is perfect for me.â€

Nataro was born in Spring Hill, which is just north of Tampa, and his family moved to Estero when he was 3.

“I’ve been a Florida boy my whole life,†he said.

And although he visited Auburn and has an offer from Florida Atlantic, Nataro insisted he’ll be a Bull his whole collegiate career.

“It’s the right decision,†Nataro said. “I feel perfectly comfortable. I wasn’t pressured with this decision at all and I’m going to be sticking with it.â€

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2013/jul/05/prep-football-esteros-nick-nataro-switches-from/

Great article. Thanks for posting.

Obviously the frame is a big plus. I wouldn't be surprised if he's taller than 6'3". He accelerates like a wide receiver. He treats the ball in the air like a tight end. He has burst and ability to adjust on the football in the air. After the catch he mostly bowls people over and plays like a man that is bigger than everyone trying to tackle him, because he is. The combination of acceleration, frame and ball skills is what makes him such a dangerous wide receiver out on the wing. He shows some ability to box out and shield with his body. His weakness in running routes is his agility and COD skills. He needs to work on his footwork so that he can be more sharp with his COD. He's a bit linear, which is OK but it leaves room for improvement. His blocking looks very sound as he's got very active hands and even more active feet. He's got the potential to be a better blocker than receiver, and that's saying something because he's got good potential as a receiver.

COD?

Change of direction. Sorry.

True story, on Kyushu (the westernmost part of the main islands of Japan) there's a national park surrounding Takachiho Gorge which is supposed to be the birthplace of their Shinto gods. There are various signs there that explain some of the cosmology. One of them reads as follows, in english: 

"Onokora Island was the tirst Island to be created by the cods."

Multiple of these signs used the word "cods" in place of what should have been "gods". This of course sparked a seemingly endless running joke between my new wife and I (honeymoon) about the holy cods and their islands.

Edited by ckparrothead

Thanks!

PM Sent

Edited by charsibb

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

I was wondering why a kids Call Of Duty skills would matter...