• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fan Fest 2013 at Raymond James - August 18

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Another genius scheduling move by USF... what July 4th was taken?

The first day of K-12 school is the next day in Hillsborough and much of the surrounding area... also its late on a Sunday.

Gonna be a sad turnout.

I did not know that 2 to 4 pm was "late on a Sunday".  Wow, do those kids go to bed a 5pm?

Why does it matter if the kids start school the next day? Are those kids planning on a drinking a keg of beer if they go to the Fan Fest?

Some people will find anything to whine about.  How about USF call everyone personally to find out their preferred date and time for the Fan Fest and host a Fan Fest specifically catered to everyone's preference?

Heck, lets just use the same logic to set the schedule of games. 

:facepalm:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :facepalm:

Edited by hightechbull

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  714
  • Days Won:  1

Lame excuse.  First day of school in Hillsborough is on Tuesday, so the kids have a full day to recoup from staying out "late" on Sunday.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

Anyone have any interest at all securing an "extra" signed poster for me?  If you could get it into a tube and mail it, I would pay postage and something extra for your troubles.  Let me know.  Thanks.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Anyone have any interest at all securing an "extra" signed poster for me?  If you could get it into a tube and mail it, I would pay postage and something extra for your troubles.  Let me know.  Thanks.

i'll grab you an unsigned one. I dont wait in lines for signatures.

not sure if you are interested in that.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

I am taking my 3 year old to his first fan fest this year. I have made us matching helmets and he has a Bulls Jersey to wear. Gotta start brainwashing them early. 

@USFFootball: Reshard Cliett on upcoming Sunday Fan Fest at Raymond James "I'm looking forward to signing for the little kids, their my idols." 2 pm start

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I'm gonna try and get a football and poster signed, but it's really hard to get all the signatures in the amt of time they give you.  Taggart's line I'm sure will have 50 to 75 people in it alone.

USF FOOTBALL

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

DATE: Aug. 16, 2013

Fan Fest set for Sunday at Raymond James Stadium

Coaches and players will be available to sign personalized autographs during the event.

TAMPA – Bulls Fan Fest is set for Sunday at Raymond James Stadium from 2-4 p.m. with fans encouraged to come out and meet the USF coaches and players.

USF will provide free season posters to fans attending the event, and coaches and players will sign personalized autographs during the two-hour fan interaction. Fans may bring their footballs, hats, jerseys or other memorabilia for players and coaches to sign with a limit of two outside items per fan enforced.

NCAA Bylaw 12.5.2.1 prohibits student-athletes from accepting any benefit, or payment, for the use of his or her name or picture to advertise, recommend or promote the sale or use of a commercial product, service, or item. Bulls Fan Fest attendees may not pay, or provide a benefit to, student-athletes in exchange for any student-athlete autographs.

Head coach Willie Taggart plans on being a busy man at Sunday’s event.

“I’m excited to be there to show the fans a good time and meet them all,” Taggart said. “Hopefully I can meet every last one of them and hopefully every last one of them will want to meet me, too. Don’t be afraid to come say hello to Coach Taggart because I want to say hello to you.”

USF’s annual season kickoff event is free for all attendees with parking available in Lot 4 (enter stadium through Dock B on the ground level).

“My biggest excitement comes from the little kids that ask for autographs. That’s kind of who I do it for and who I look up to in a sense because I have a little brother,” junior linebacker Reshard Cliett said.

Aside from taking photos with your favorite Bulls, the field at Raymond James Stadium will be filled with interactive experiences and fans also can sit in available seats and lock in their 2013 tickets with the USF sales staff on hand to guide the way.

“It’s great to see people still cheering for us and coming out to see Bulls football. It’s exciting,” Cliett said.

Plans for Inclement Weather

If it's raining prior to the start of Fan Fest, the autograph session will take place on the East Concourse and fans can utilize Gate B to access that area.

If rains starts to fall while Fan Fest is underway, the autograph session will move to the service level. Players will be lined from the North service level down the West service level with coach Taggart signing autographs in the media room.

Bag Policy Reminder for the Season

The NFL’s new bag policy will be in effect for all Raymond James Stadium events this year and that includes USF football games moving forward.

The policy has been established in order to provide fans with a safer environment and expedited entry on game day and it places limits on the size and type of bags which may be brought into Raymond James Stadium.

Fans will be allowed to carry in no more than one approved clear bag (not to exceed 12”x6”x12”) and up to one small clutch-style bag (not to exceed 4.5”x 6.5”).

Season ticket holders will be provided with one bag for every two season tickets in their account (up to four) the week of the season opener through mail. The Bulls kick off their season at home on Saturday, Aug. 31 against McNeese State at 7 p.m.

Barnes and Noble will carry a limited stock of bags that will be available at the Bulls Team Store located at Gate A of the Sun Dome. There also will be on-site locations to pick up bags on game day.

Be the Bulls Club’s VIP at the USF Football Home Opener on August 31st

Attending Sunday afternoon’s USF Football Fan Fest at Raymond James Stadium? Stop by the Bulls Club tent and you could be our VIP for the August 31st home opener versus McNeese State!

The Bulls Club VIP will receive two passes to the Varsity Club Tailgate, pregame sideline passes, and luxury suite tickets. The VIP will also have the opportunity to lead the team onto the field and “Run with the Bulls”!  As the Bulls Club VIP, you’ll have to look the part, so we’ll make sure you’re decked out in official USF Football gear! 

Current Bulls Club members who visit our tent this Sunday and non-members, who join the Bulls Club, will have their name entered into a drawing to be the Bulls Club VIP! 

The drawing will take place on Monday, August 19th and the winner will be notified shortly thereafter. Stay tuned to the Bulls Club’s Facebook and Twitter feeds for the announcement of our winner. 

For more information contact the Bulls Club at (813) 974-6729 or email BullsClub@admin.USF.edu.