• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What's our biggest football position question mark now?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Do we have enough good receivers --or just the one?

I think we will be okay at RB, not great but somebody will step up.

The QB will be an asset, not a liability.

The O-line, I guess some of you Bulls feel that we have enough size. I'll trust you on that. I've not followed.

And I guess we have a pretty good TE.

-----------------------------

I think with the old system we got to be too predictable; any kid could guess what we'd do next on offense.

Hopefully, the new system will allow us more variety and thus take off pressure on making a great play. Though, running a voodoo five once in a while wouldn't be too bad!

By the way, where's Big Sweat nowadays?

Edited by Beta4East1989

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Defensive backs?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Do we have enough good receivers --or just the one? (one of our strongest positions: Andre Davis, Sterling Griffin, D'vario Montgomery, Derrick Hopkins, Deonte Welch, Terrence Mitchell [if he comes back as a WR])

I think we will be okay at RB, not great but somebody will step up. (Shaw and Pierre with incoming McCray , Tice, Swanson at FB) someone will step up

The QB will be an asset, not a liability. (Bench seems like a smart kid, would be a good game manager)

The O-line, I guess some of you Bulls feel that we have enough size. I'll trust you on that. I've not followed.

And I guess we have a pretty good TE. (pretty good? Price and McFarland [uF Transfer] will kill it this year!) Both were among the top TE's in the country for their classes.

-----------------------------

I think with the old system we got to be too predictable; any kid could guess what we'd do next on offense.

Hopefully, the new system will allow us more variety and thus take off pressure on making a great play. Though, running a voodoo five once in a while wouldn't be too bad!

By the way, where's Big Sweat nowadays?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

It's still QB.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

how is it not still QB?

Bench is a true sophomore thats completed something like 2 passes.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

QB and RB are still huge questions marks.  Bench was great for depth, but he's still a giant unkown.  On paper he's no different than Eveld or Floyd.  The biggest difference is he's way behind them on the playbook.  White still likely has the highest ceiling of the bunch.

The supposedly enhanced d-line should take a lot of pressure off the DB's.  If we get as much pressure as some folks think, as long as the LB's can stuff the run our defense should be fine.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

how is it not still QB?

/thread

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

how is it not still QB?

He's a good option man  like BJ Daniels..He will work out fine...With a good running game we will not have to pass on every down..it will keep the defense honest...and open up the quick  short pass to the flats and over the middle..and a rare   hail mary to the end zone..We will have our trick plays back..and the excitement...

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

QB and RB are still huge questions marks.  Bench was great for depth, but he's still a giant unkown.  On paper he's no different than Eveld or Floyd.  The biggest difference is he's way behind them on the playbook.  White still likely has the highest ceiling of the bunch.

The supposedly enhanced d-line should take a lot of pressure off the DB's.  If we get as much pressure as some folks think, as long as the LB's can stuff the run our defense should be fine.

If I remember we signed some fast LB  that will hit campus this fall..

I also don't think we will have all the zone calls...FS killed us over the middle last year......every 3rd down when the need it it was another crossing route over the middle and we were not able to stop it.

just walk down the field like a cake walk..

At least in the spring game  the LB's  looked a bit better and with our defensive line  up a notch there might be more hurries and interceptions..

Go Bulls

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

how is it not still QB?

He's a good option man  like BJ Daniels..He will work out fine...With a good running game we will not have to pass on every down..it will keep the defense honest...and open up the quick  short pass to the flats and over the middle..and a rare   hail mary to the end zone..We will have our trick plays back..and the excitement...

That is a heck of an assumption.  The questions at RB are similar to QB.