• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Amid all the QB concern

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I was thinking Taggart likes to run the ball, or so I have read. And then I think that's great it will take some pressure off the QB. And then I think about the RB position and I get a little more scared. What RB gives anyone hope of a good ground attack? And what's the outlook on the O-line?

Sincerely,

Concerned in the desert

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

We've seen flashes of what Shaw is capable of. His problem is he won't accept a 2-3 yard run. He wants the home run every time, and that's going to screw us over at some point.

Mike Pierre also looked good in the Spring. Bigger guy, more suited to how Coach T wants to run.

I'm not really familiar with the freshmen we have coming in though

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Maybe we need a RB transfer just as much as a QB transfer.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Really good question. I don't know if Willie Taggart has the pieces he'll need to install the power ground game he wants.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

If we are going to run the ball well it will help to have a solid passing game.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Hopefully Pierre and White will do good things for us.

32       Willie Davis     RB     5-9     213     RSo.     Lithonia, Ga. (Stephenson HS)
38       Kyle Peck     RB     5-8     183     Sr.     Lakeland, Fla. (North Greenville University) (George Jenkins HS)
45       Michael Pierre     RB     5-10     202     RJr.     Winter Garden, Fla. (Golden West College) (Agape Christian)
20       Marcus Shaw     RB     5-9     178     Sr.     Arcadia, Fla. (De Soto HS)

11       Ryan Eppes     FB     6-1     236     RSr.     Seminole, Fla. (Largo HS)
40       Timothy Finklea     FB     6-0     227     Jr.     Bradenton, Fla. (Graceland University) (Bayshore HS)
45       Brandon Harris     FB     5-11     225     Jr.     Jacksonville, Fla. (Wolfson HS)
39       Grant White     FB     5-11     239     Jr.     Watertown, N.Y. (Jefferson CC) (South Jefferson HS)

http://www.gousfbulls.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=37330&SPID=2981&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=7700&SORT_ORDER=6&Q_SEASON=2013&PRINTABLE_PAGE=

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I think our hope in the RB department lies with the two freshmen and Pierre.  Shaw just doesn't strike me as a Taggart type of RB.  On the other hand, it looks like Pierre did a decent job in the spring and the two incoming FR are a good fit for the offense.  RB should be easier to learn than the QB position, and it looks like we are deep enough that one or two guys should be able to step up and provide enough running if the blocking is there.  I'm much more concerned about QB.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Willie Davis also looked good during the spring game. Kid is BIG and can run fast, was a 3* coming out of HS with SEC offers. 

I'm thinking McCray (RB) will contribute with Swason (FB) right off the bat...just hoping they can make a dent. Run 4 backs at them at all times so nobody gets tired. McCray, Pierre, Shaw, Davis. When you're inside the 10 lets Swanson smash his way through. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I was kind of holding out hope that AA would transfer from WKU, but I don't think it's happening.  The lack of RB is really what will do this offense in.  Since we don't have a QB we need a strong RB.  Since we don't have a strong RB we need a passing QB.

We've got neither yet.  Hopefully someone steps up.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Bull, I don't think AA will be graduating until after this year. If he comes it will be as a graduate transfer so that he can play immediately. Unless he goes to the NFL before that.