• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

PSU QB Bench looking for a new school.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Get used to our ****** QBs boys

Why would you post something like this...???

We have lots of  QB's on the Radar.

.Having Steven Bench, Clint Trickett and Brandon Mitchell and other top QB visit and consider USF does not look like we are doing badly.. It's just a matter of time.

Till we get a top notch QB.

BJ Daniels  got drafted to the 49ers.  so your point I just don't get...

Go Bulls

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

.Having Steven Bench, Clint Trickett and Brandon Mitchell and other top QB visit and consider USF does not look like we are doing badly.. It's just a matter of time.

Go Bulls

Go Bulls

Our current QBs are bad, hard to argue that. If bench doesnt come here it looks bad that we struck out on 3 possible transfers. How can you say otherwise? Im usually pretty optimistic, but this is just looking bad.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  93
  • Days Won:  0

Your statement surely conflicts to these statements made by him.....

http://www.cdispatch.com/msusports/article.asp?aid=24353

".....

The interesting aspect of the prospect of Bench possibly coming to MSU is he mentioned unprompted that he had a redshirt year open to him that he'd be willing to take in order to learn the playbook and develop chemistry with his new teammates. Bench said fifth-year senior quarterback Tyler Russell being the projected starter at the position for the 2013 season wouldn't affect his decision much as a negative against MSU when he finally decided on a new school. 

"I perfectly understand that if it were to be Mississippi State, not saying that it will be or they're leading in this thing but whatever, Tyler Russell is the starter," Bench said. "If I end up at MSU, I want a chance at some point to go in and compete for a starting job."If that's at MSU and then Tyler Russell is the starter then maybe that next spring, I would get a fair shot to start from then on. I will remind everybody I have a redshirt year to use and I'm willing to do that too if I need to in order to get myself ready to be the starting quarterback for the following three years."

...."

A former Penn State quarterback could be making his way to the SEC. Steven Bench, who announced his decision to transfer from Penn State on April 24, is considering heading to Mississippi State, The Dispatch in Columbus, Miss., reports.

Last week, ESPN reported Bench was looking into a handful of destinations, particularly USF and Mississippi State. But national reports have since focused on the Bulldogs, and Bench told The Dispatch that speculation surrounding his interest in Mississippi State is “very accurate.â€

“I want to feel comfortable at my new school and academics will play a part into it, atmosphere will play a part in the decision because obviously I got to live for the next three or four years,†Bench told The Dispatch. “I want to feel at home and I want to have fun and I want to get a good education.â€

Given the NCAA sanctions at Penn State, Bench is allowed transfer and become immediately eligible to play. He has three years of eligibility remaining. Fifth-year senior Tyler Russell is the projected starter at quarterback for the Bulldogs, but Bench said he isn’t ruling out the option of taking a redshirt season to learn the playbook wherever he might land.

It has nothing to do with MSU

http://college-football.si.com/2013/05/06/steven-bench-mississippi-state/

My bad.....I meant MS (Mississippi State)

It actually has everything to do about MSU

Go Bulls

Go Bulls

Our current QBs are bad, hard to argue that. If bench doesnt come here it looks bad that we struck out on 3 possible transfers. How can you say otherwise? Im usually pretty optimistic, but this is just looking bad.

Agree 100 % about our QB situation..

Miller looked good. in the spring game for the few reps he got. 

Bj Danies stepped in his freshman year.. and We have White comming in this year.....I would love to get Steven Bench in and let White redshirt.. 

I just do not think with  all the QB MSU has and a commitment from   Cord Sandberg,, that Steven Bench  would take the risk...and select MSU..

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

I don't know that we "struck out" on Mitchell; we told him we weren't interested in him, which is worse. Whether Mitchell would've fit the system or not, I'd think you'd want to make a play at a good athlete like that. Put him out there and let him try to make things happen. I'm not counting Bench out, but knowing our luck, we're stuck with what we have. I'd like to think this isn't an accident; putting all of your eggs in the Bench basket would be a Holtz-like move so Taggart must feel that if we can't get him, our next best chance of winning is to work on getting Floyd / Eveld / White ready for this season.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Guess we will hear later today so all the BS whining and speculation can finally stop.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Floyd will get the fumble thing under control and probably be a close to average college quarterback to hold us over until next season when we can get the running backs and quarterbacks game ready.

no news yet   ....judge for yourself...this is not the destination newpaper  but Penn State paper

Former Arkansas quarterback Brandon Mitchell might have beaten Bench to the punch at NC State, which could leave just Mississippi State and USF. Bench spoke glowingly about his USF visit last week, telling the Tampa Bay Times he was impressed by the "buzz" around the program.

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2013/05/former_penn_state_quarterback_1.html

Gota have hope..

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

When is this thing supposed to go down?

When is this thing supposed to go down?

I believe it will come out from the NLD Nitamy Lions Den.

From his twitter lots of reporters trying to scoop.

but no real news on time or media..

Go Bulls

Edited by bull-71