• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hipsher leaving Bulls to join father's staff

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Ced Smith may be a solid candidate 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Seth is out of coaching :)

Lol, he's perfect for TV.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Whoever Heath gets, he needs to be well connected to the state of Florida or somebody who played in the NBA. I'm not liking the direction the 2014 class is going in. I'm down with hiring Kenny Gillion and Chucky Atkins. Let's be real here USF needs to recruit the state of Florida to be able to build a competitive program. We don't have a Head Coach that kids from all over the land would like to play for. The state is where it's at with the occasional hidden gem and/or player from up north.

I said to hire them both because it's way past time that Heath upgrades his coaching staff by replacing the ineffective Eric Skeeters. In 4 seasons on the job, he has not delivered on the recruiting trail. His job performance has been abysmal at best, and frankly if he couldn't recruit the state of Maryland with the Big East on the table, how in the hell can he recruit with the AAC backing? Also it would seem that Heath has shifted more towards recruiting the home state the last couple of years which means Skeeters just doesn't fit anymore.

Not only did Coach Hipsher lead the way with Chris Perry, but he also was the chief recruiter for Javonte Hawkins, and DreKalo Clayton.

✌SKIPPYWALNUTS ✌ â€@cp33allday

Coach hipsher>>>>. I feel bad cuz I took him for granted

✌SKIPPYWALNUTS ✌ â€@cp33allday

@CoachHip 2 best coach in the world Congratulations on the new job ! Your awesome

Edited by Vega

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I heard Skeeters and Hanson are gone as well, both fired/released/contract not renewed. The source is fairly trustworthy, but I'm surprised we haven't heard about it yet.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I heard Skeeters and Hanson are gone as well, both fired/released/contract not renewed. The source is fairly trustworthy, but I'm surprised we haven't heard about it yet.

Hanson had been demoted when he was switched with Hipsher as Director Of Basketball Operations, which was a move that was long overdue. So if his contract wasn't renewed, it doesn't surprise me.

With regard to Skeeters, he hasn't recruited that well, but I've heard he was a pretty decent X's and O's guy. It could be that Heath wants to go in a different direction, but I haven't heard anything overtly negative about Coach Skeet.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Hanson had been demoted when he was switched with Hipsher as Director Of Basketball Operations, which was a move that was long overdue. So if his contract wasn't renewed, it doesn't surprise me.

With regard to Skeeters, he hasn't recruited that well, but I've heard he was a pretty decent X's and O's guy. It could be that Heath wants to go in a different direction, but I haven't heard anything overtly negative about Coach Skeet.

I hope this "different direction" includes adding some offense and keeping the stout defense...

Looks to be correct

Eric Skeeters no longer list himself as an USF assistant anymore on Titter, and the fact that he's tweeting so much while spring recruiting is going on tells me he's out of a job. Reggie Hanson is wearing the Kentucky Blue and reminiscing about his days as a Wildcat asst under Tubby Smith.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

The Bulls struggled with simple inbounds plays.  Glad they are getting fresh blood in there.  Sorry to see Hipshire go though.

Collin Sherwin â€@USFCollin 1h

USF ass't basketball coach Eric Skeeters & Dir. Of Basketball Ops Reggie Hanson will not return in 2013-14.