• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

HOUSTON GAME SET AT RELIANT STADIUM

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

Parking at Reliant is plentiful and the stadium seats 70k+ and I don't anticipate a sellout.

Is Reliant next to the old Astrodome?

Yup,you got it.  Theres a Homewood Suites kind of hotel I stayed at right across the street a few years back that was nice.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,706
  • Days Won:  108

Parking at Reliant is plentiful and the stadium seats 70k+ and I don't anticipate a sellout.

Yup,you got it.  Theres a Homewood Suites kind of hotel I stayed at right across the street a few years back that was nice.

Think we booked a room near the campus.  But don't think it should be a problem to get to Reliant from where we are. 

• Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  3,616

likely going to be demolished before the Super Bowl is here in a few years. Likely make it into a parking lot. They can't find a way to use the dome and likely best to demolish it when it costs the city millions of dollars a year just sitting there

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,706
  • Days Won:  108

likely going to be demolished before the Super Bowl is here in a few years. Likely make it into a parking lot. They can't find a way to use the dome and likely best to demolish it when it costs the city millions of dollars a year just sitting there

Being an old guy, I always loved the old dome.  Took the tour many times.  It was so state of the art at one time.  Then was shocked to learn as time progressed that it would fit in the SuperDome a couple of times.  Lots of fond memories of going to Houston for work in the early 80's.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848

I thought they demolished the AstroDome years ago. I saw it once in 1986. if I remember right it was visible from I-10.

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  3,616

just fyi for those arriving Wednesday or earlier - Rockets home opener Wed Oct 30 vs Charlotte Bobcats (Hornets) next year and then Fri Nov 1 vs Dallas Mavs

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

So me and the wifey picked this game for our yearly USF themed road trip...with it being held at the Texans stadium how far is it from the Space Center?

We want to go there and the Aquarium and maybe a few other places if time permits! Any other suggestions?

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558

San Antonio River walk

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558

Likely

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  19

Finally made my arrangements so I can be there.  Haven't been to Houston in a while and looking forward to seeing Reliant Stadium.  My last sports outing there was in the Astrodome and **** Allen hit two homers for the Phillies against the 'Stros (so that tells you it has been looonggg time ago) .  Now if we can just get their QB to dress up as Matt Schaub for Halloween we may be able to score a few in this game.