• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF signs games with Wisconsin and Maryland

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

I'm amazed this was not uncovered by a Freedom of Information Act request. No birdies chirping on this one?

The eye of Sauron, and the Tweeters, were all focused on Tallahassee in the last 24 hours ... which is obviously when DW made the calls to UW and UM since he's been doing nothing but sitting on his ass regarding scheduling before now.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!

Get to watch my Bulls play in College Park!

Being from Crofton, I will definitely fly home to be at this game!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I'd be jumping all over to play us too given our current predicament.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I'd be jumping all over to play us too given our current predicament.

Sounds like we gonna have a TAILGATE PARTY!!!

Courtesy USF:

USF Secures Home-and-Home Football Series with Wisconsin, Maryland

USF Secures Home-and-Home Football Series with Wisconsin, Maryland

TAMPA – The University of South Florida will play home-and-home football series with the University of Wisconsin and the University of Maryland, USF Director of Intercollegiate Athletics Doug Woolard has announced. USF will visit Wisconsin, who has appeared in three consecutive Rose Bowls, on Sept. 27, 2014 with the Badgers making a return trip to Tampa on Sept. 16, 2017. The Bulls will host Maryland on Sept. 6, 2014 and travel to play the Terps on Sept. 19, 2015.

“We are pleased to be able to add quality Big Ten opponents in Wisconsin and Maryland to our football schedule,†Woolard said. “They should be outstanding opportunities for our football program as well as attractive games for our fans.â€

The 2014 non-conference schedule consists of home games against Western Carolina (Aug. 30), Maryland (Sept. 6) and N.C. State (Sept. 13) along with the trip to Wisconsin (Sept. 27).

“This is the type of schedule we want to have here at USF,†said head coach Willie Taggart. “We want to challenge and prove ourselves against top competition. We think it is important to play these types of non-conference games not only for recruiting, but also to excite our fan base and for the continued growth of our program.â€

A member of the Big Ten, Wisconsin has had a tremendous run over the last three seasons, posting a 30-11 record and earning trips to the Rose Bowl in each of those seasons. This will be USF’s first meeting with the Badgers. Maryland is currently a member of the ACC but will move to the Big Ten for the 2014 season. The Bulls will face a familiar foe as Randy Edsall just finished his second year with the program after spending 12 years as head coach at UConn. The 2014 game will also be USF’s first-ever match-up with the Terps.

Western Carolina?

Huh?

We get the Purple Pirates AND the Purple Pussycats in the same season?

We are truly blessed.

Not.

Awesome News! If Wisconsin will play us 1 for 1, then we should not take any more cash games (except honoring our contract to play at UF one more time)

Still wouldn't have a problem with cash games with the right programs ...

Schools like Wisconsin would rather play us as a cash game, if we start taking cash games we almost never get home games like this. Because everyone knows they can turn down the 1 for 1 and offer us $950,000 instead.

I respect your opinion, but I hope USF disagrees with you.

You'd say no to Notre Dame or Alabama?

Yes, absolutely ..... no to anyone, except maybe the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. No cash games, no exceptions. Big time programs don't play cash games. Even if we aren't in a big time conference, we can work to be a big time program (ie - Gonzaga in MBB) I am not opposed to unbalanced contracts ... like a 2 for 1 with Notre Dame or Alabama (or maybe a 3 for 2 spread out of many years).

The Sun Belt, MAC and C-USA exist to fill big boys schedules with cash games. No thank you for USF.

And I couldn't be very public about it, given my job, but I was opposed to the Notre Dame game from the day we signed it, obviously the fact we managed to win lessens the negatives, but I still wish we didn't agree, and held out for a better deal. I think we could have gotten a 4 game deal out of ND, 1in Tampa, 2 in South Bend and 1 in a neutral city. (before they were required to play all those ACC games).

Agree completely.

NO MORE 1-n-dones.

home-n-homes only, or 1-1-1 with a neutral site game.

Go Bulls!

Just had a thought, with Wisconsin, Sparty, Indiana, and Maryland now on the schedule...

Maybe we're being auditioned for the B1G?!?!?!?!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

I plan to travel to both Away games.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

The Wisky game will be great,  Been to Camp Randall once, Had a blast, They actually have alot of great traditions,  Jump around, the 5th qt show and some others that I wont mention,   They actually show up prior to the game and stay until after the Band/ cheerleaders takes the field after the game and do a quirky 5th Qt show.  http://www.citydictionary.com/WI/Madison/List-Badger-Football-Traditions-34/

It will def be a great road game for USF fans.

Madison(where Uof Wis) is located is very progressive, lots to do and see, the two lakes, The Dells are close by, Milwaukee is drivable.  Bars on every corner. Very friendly people. 

Cant wait. Go Bulls

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

Awesome News! If Wisconsin will play us 1 for 1, then we should not take any more cash games (except honoring our contract to play at UF one more time)

Your philosophy has won out this time and I am glad. I am quite sure USF had to work hard to get 1 and 1's given our situation.

Gotta assume the number of people from Wisconson and Maryland in FL played a factor aswell.