• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greed Of 3 Remaining Football Schools Causing Problems.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  83
  • Days Won:  0

Sooo  five pages into this and I still don't understand - Is greed bad ?  I am sooo confused. 

I can only give you the long explanation....by my convoluted process...Actually documented....but don't ask for link...

A couple had 20 close friends. and they were low income and co-misserated their economic situation...They played the Lottery won MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.....and since it was UN-EARNED windfall the other 20 close friends wanted/demanded/expected  some of the cash...

The couple did not do this to their friends demands..  ...one by one communication  stopped and friendships lost...In the end there were no friends left..Hence --the money did not bring the happiness expexted..

The old three are like the couple and the Lottery winning --money from the BE breakup...The friends the NEW conference teams....

Its a no win situation for the old 3....Damned if we give money,,Damned if we don't its a NO WIN

Thats my take on the present situation...The jealousy will kill this conference .....before it gets started...each member going after their own interest and no common good will.......

SORRY TO EXPRESS THIS DOOM AND GLOOM

Go Bulls

You forgot to add that the unhappy couple had promised their reprebate friends an interest in any potential lotto proceeds if they moved closer to them and so the friends all sold their houses to move to be with their new friends just in case they might win.  When they won the unhappy couple decided that they were not going to share.  The friends asked at least for the costs in moving to to their new homes, as they did rely upon their promisees but that unhappy couple did not see why they should be responsible for their friends stupid decisions.  They should just be glad they moved and were closer to their rich friends. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Sooo  five pages into this and I still don't understand - Is greed bad ?  I am sooo confused. 

I can only give you the long explanation....by my convoluted process...Actually documented....but don't ask for link...

A couple had 20 close friends. and they were low income and co-misserated their economic situation...They played the Lottery won MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.....and since it was UN-EARNED windfall the other 20 close friends wanted/demanded/expected  some of the cash...

The couple did not do this to their friends demands..  ...one by one communication  stopped and friendships lost...In the end there were no friends left..Hence --the money did not bring the happiness expexted..

The old three are like the couple and the Lottery winning --money from the BE breakup...The friends the NEW conference teams....

Its a no win situation for the old 3....Damned if we give money,,Damned if we don't its a NO WIN

Thats my take on the present situation...The jealousy will kill this conference .....before it gets started...each member going after their own interest and no common good will.......

Go Bulls

The difference is that the new BE schools aren't old friends.  They are mere acquaintances that USF never really wanted to be friends with in the first place.  

I fully agree with most bloggers here...In my own convoluted way I was hoping for the end to conference alignment tremmors. and some common stability and be able to focus on recruiting and winning.....At some point I and probably many other will reach the conclusion that this will not happen anytime soon...

As an Engineer ...I don't like uncertainty...I design based on formula ,facts, field information gatthering...

This unknown process is giving me stress...But then in life there are factors WE cannot controll..

We should have faith in USF staff and coaches who might not be able to controll the situation but who are able to help USF and  guide us to the highest  possibility of success.. 

As an Engineer i Design Drainage based on Criteria..25-50 100-500 year storms.  I cannot predict when a Sandy will happen I can just  try to design for minimal damage...

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Sooo five pages into this and I still don't understand - Is greed bad ? I am sooo confused.

A couple had 20 close friends. and they were low income and co-misserated their economic situation...They played the Lottery won MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.....and since it was UN-EARNED windfall the other 20 close friends wanted/demanded/expected some of the cash...

The couple did not do this to their friends demands.. ...one by one communication stopped and friendships lost...In the end there were no friends left..Hence --the money did not bring the happiness expexted..

Go Bulls

You forgot to add that the unhappy couple had promised their reprebate friends an interest in any potential lotto proceeds if they moved closer to them and so the friends all sold their houses to move to be with their new friends just in case they might win. When they won the unhappy couple decided that they were not going to share. The friends asked at least for the costs in moving to to their new homes, as they did rely upon their promisees but that unhappy couple did not see why they should be responsible for their friends stupid decisions. They should just be glad they moved and were closer to their rich friends.
false you are getting exactly what you were promised a conference with the big east leftovers as well as a bigger tv contract than you were receiving in conference USA. On top of that you are getting a million dollar bonus. This **** house is exactly what you signed up for and the only reason you and your band of misfits are even here is because the conference is in such embarrassing disrepair. We don't care if you are mad, we don't like you, we didn't choose you, you have nowhere else to go, we are embarrassed to be seen with you, $30 million hardly makes the embarrassment worth it and we can't wait to get on one of the last lifeboats and leave you to drown. Now sit down and shut up you will get nothing and like it because its your only choice. Edited by puc86
  • Upvote 2

Go Bulls

You forgot to add that the unhappy couple had promised their reprebate friends an interest in any potential lotto proceeds if they moved closer to them and so the friends all sold their houses to move to be with their new friends just in case they might win.  When they won the unhappy couple decided that they were not going to share.  The friends asked at least for the costs in moving to to their new homes, as they did rely upon their promisees but that unhappy couple did not see why they should be responsible for their friends stupid decisions.  They should just be glad they moved and were closer to their rich friends. 

I'm not making any judgements nor did I forget to add your points....What I relayed actually occured...Just Like this BE fiasco...

What I am saying I'm truly sorry for this mess and how I believe this is a no win Situation...Some fans....USF,UCONN, TEMPLE, UCF etc , say  A some say B some say C...In the end no one will be happy...and the Negativity will continue..and CORRODE the NEW CONFERENCE before it has any Health or Sustainability...

Go Bulls.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Sooo five pages into this and I still don't understand - Is greed bad ? I am sooo confused.

A couple had 20 close friends. and they were low income and co-misserated their economic situation...They played the Lottery won MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.....and since it was UN-EARNED windfall the other 20 close friends wanted/demanded/expected some of the cash...

The couple did not do this to their friends demands.. ...one by one communication stopped and friendships lost...In the end there were no friends left..Hence --the money did not bring the happiness expexted..

Go Bulls

You forgot to add that the unhappy couple had promised their reprebate friends an interest in any potential lotto proceeds if they moved closer to them and so the friends all sold their houses to move to be with their new friends just in case they might win. When they won the unhappy couple decided that they were not going to share. The friends asked at least for the costs in moving to to their new homes, as they did rely upon their promisees but that unhappy couple did not see why they should be responsible for their friends stupid decisions. They should just be glad they moved and were closer to their rich friends.
I'm not making any judgements nor did I forget to add your points....What I relayed actually occured...Just Like this BE fiasco...

What I am saying I'm truly sorry for this mess and how I believe this is a no win Situation...Some fans....USF,UCONN, TEMPLE, UCF etc , say A some say B some say C...In the end no one will be happy...and the Negativity will continue..and CORRODE the NEW CONFERENCE before it has any Health or Sustainability...

Go Bulls.

it had no chance because it had no value, as evidenced by the tv negotiations. We have no future in this conference and need to get out by any means necessary ASAP or we will die on the vine

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Go Bulls

false you are getting exactly what you were promised a conference with the big east leftovers as well as a bigger tv contract than you were receiving in conference USA. On top of that you are getting a million dollar bonus. This **** house is exactly what you signed up for and the only reason you and your band of misfits are even here is because the conference is in such embarrassing disrepair. We don't care if you are mad, we don't like you, we didn't choose you, you have nowhere else to go, we are embarrassed to be seen with you, $30 million hardly makes the embarrassment worth it and we can't wait to get on one of the last lifeboats and leave you to drown. Now sit down and shut up you will get nothing and like it because its your only choice.

I lol'd. Epic post.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Again I think you are all missing the point of my argument.  UCF IS NOT JOINING THE BIG EAST.  They were supposed to join the Big East, but that conference does not exist any more.  Now we are joining an alliance of teams in a new conference.  Pay back UCF for the entrance fee for joining the Big East, pay the CUSA exit fees from the money you get.  Then everyone (including USF) pays an entry fee to fund the new conference.  You get to keep everything that is left which should still be 10 or 12 million.  That ends any question of greed.  Or let the new teams "join" the A12 or whatever without any entry fee.  But you can't have it both ways.  That is greed.

It's not that we are missing the feeble argument that you are trying to make. IT'S JUST WE DON"T GIVE A ****!!!!! We want our money and we want out. And that means out w/o you. We are not some half-baked expansion partner of FCKU's. That idea began in Orlando and is as is as big a fantasy as anything found at Disneyland. Every conference you join becomes mediocre by the mere addition of The Kannigits. Go away, we are not your big brother. we will call you if we need you.

• Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

Again I think you are all missing the point of my argument.  UCF IS NOT JOINING THE BIG EAST.  They were supposed to join the Big East, but that conference does not exist any more.  Now we are joining an alliance of teams in a new conference.  Pay back UCF for the entrance fee for joining the Big East, pay the CUSA exit fees from the money you get.  Then everyone (including USF) pays an entry fee to fund the new conference.  You get to keep everything that is left which should still be 10 or 12 million.  That ends any question of greed.  Or let the new teams "join" the A12 or whatever without any entry fee.  But you can't have it both ways.  That is greed.

It's not that we are missing the feeble argument that you are trying to make. IT'S JUST WE DON"T GIVE A ****!!!!! We want our money and we want out. And that means out w/o you. We are not some half-baked expansion partner of FCKU's. That idea began in Orlando and is as is as big a fantasy as anything found at Disneyland DisneyWorld. Every conference you join becomes mediocre by the mere addition of The Kannigits. Go away, we are not your big brother. we will call you if we need you.

FIFY

Go Bulls

What I am saying I'm truly sorry for this mess and how I believe this is a no win Situation...Some fans....USF,UCONN, TEMPLE, UCF etc , say A some say B some say C...In the end no one will be happy...and the Negativity will continue..and CORRODE the NEW CONFERENCE before it has any Health or Sustainability...

Go Bulls.

it had no chance because it had no value, as evidenced by the tv negotiations. We have no future in this conference and need to get out by any means necessary ASAP or we will die on the vine

When the SEC was created there was little value in it also..Over the years wins and dedication of it's members..common goals made it a success...

I't hard for me to find a possitive common Goal that is attainable...It's like the GONE WITH THE WIND..  RHET BUTLER tries to shore up the Cotton Market..His efforts spending all his cash only helps a little bit and the decline continues...

Companies survive bad economic times by cutting cost, looking at proceedures, invest money in new equipment...I see none of that in the NEW CONFERENCE  hence my DOOM and GLOOM...a Stillborn Baby

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Go Bulls

false you are getting exactly what you were promised a conference with the big east leftovers as well as a bigger tv contract than you were receiving in conference USA. On top of that you are getting a million dollar bonus. This **** house is exactly what you signed up for and the only reason you and your band of misfits are even here is because the conference is in such embarrassing disrepair. We don't care if you are mad, we don't like you, we didn't choose you, you have nowhere else to go, we are embarrassed to be seen with you, $30 million hardly makes the embarrassment worth it and we can't wait to get on one of the last lifeboats and leave you to drown. Now sit down and shut up you will get nothing and like it because its your only choice.

I lol'd. Epic post.

I second the epicness of that post.  Well done, puc86.